A R E A 51 Husq 365..."Here We Go!"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It got it running, a little rich still, but it's running good it seems. Put on a new ring. I'm going to run it stock for a while, and then port it. What's the WOT max? I had it tuned fat at around 11,500.

The on off switch works now.

DSCF1389.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

Trick of the week works on the Husq for easy installation of the muffler assembly.

DSCF1391.jpg

Both saws have 18" LGX

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/VIDS/Project365.flv">

Thanks fellas.

12,500 sounds about right. The saw was close to its max as a stocker, I thought. It kinda sounded like it.

I have it fat because I took it off the original setting the carb had, which was obnoxiously rich. I started from scratch. I have the L tuned a bit fat right now, but I'm working my way towards leaning it out. Still, the throttle response is good. The plastic piece on the H screw that butts up against the spring is stripped. I need to replace both since I'm at it with one.

I leaned out the L until it bogged on throttle. Fattened it up a little.

I then leaned out the H until it hit 13,900, but I backed it off to 12,900 and it sounded and felt good.

I noticed today that the muffler was gutted. I assumed it had a baffle in it. Does it come without a baffle from the factory?

Thanks Dog.

4 cube, 65cc, 4.6hp, 13.2lbs, not sure what the next two numbers are for, idle and WOT.

Seems it likes a little more than 12,500 in stock form. Sounds really good at 13,900. I have to check the plug and the intake duct for the carb.

Sounds crazy and I'm gettin' flamed for it, but I was thinking if adding some back pressure. Custom baffle box, but one that breathes well. The exhuast pops like my 5100 when the throttle is let off. Sounds cool.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it in stock form for too long:hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm sure I'll be porting soon. I truly have the jonesing for a porting big time!

And I don't like stock saws:cheers:

i wouldnt worry about the stock rpm specs. thats just a number in the wind. tune by ear

Its funny you should ask about the max rpm, My 2165 says EPA PHASE 2 on the owners manual cover, anyhow I looked at my 262,365 and 372 service manual it list 12,500 as the max rpm on the regular model, and on the epa version it gives 13,000 as max rpm.

It sounded real good at 13,900. But without it being ported, the amount of fuel in the combustion chamber will be an issue I would assume. And a bad outcome at that.

I would guess 13,000 is a good solid rpm for a stocker. Big wood and I would fatten it up.

Cheech,

You could do cut times to find the sweet spot. . . Start at 13,900 and work back to 12,500.

More fuel= more lubrication, so there comes a point where lean just isn't doing you any favors. It may sound good at 13,900 WOT no load, but cut slower than 12,900 WOT no load in the wood. If the saw cleans up in the cut, but burbles a little in the air -- what it does in the log is what's important.

Always keep in the back of your mind what is making power in an internal combustion engine. . . Air and fuel. If you find the sweet spot for both, youz in da moniez! LOL

:cheers:

I've had the same thoughts as well. Huskies don't have the baffle and I'm wondering if it would make a difference?:cheers:

Glad to hear I'm on the same boat:cheers: If I happen to find another muffler, I'm going to try it.

Nate, it took some cuts to find the sweet spot. Yes, it sounded good at 13,900, but didn't cut as well in the wood when it was tuned fatter. Seems like unlimited coils like to run on the rich side??

Theo, is your 365 ported or just a muffler mod?

I also noted that the familiar Husky buzz didn't happen unless I loaded the saw some. But I think that was due to the tuning process.

Glad to hear I'm on the same boat:cheers: If I happen to find another muffler, I'm going to try it.

Nate, it took some cuts to find the sweet spot. Yes, it sounded good at 13,900, but didn't cut as well in the wood when it was tuned fatter. Seems like unlimited coils like to run on the rich side??

Theo, is your 365 ported or just a muffler mod?

I also noted that the familiar Husky buzz didn't happen unless I loaded the saw some. But I think that was due to the tuning process.

It's not ported, I just drilled two 1/2" holes in the muffler and put a deflector on it.

Back