A saw named Destiny

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-N

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A little story here for ya.

Back in the beginning of August I was browsing Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) and I came across one of my Grail saws. It had a super brief and not very helpful description and no price was in the ad. I immediately sent an email asking about condition and price. A few days later I receive and email "Yes it runs good and it will go at best offer". This had me wondering so I went back to the add to look at the photos again and then and only then I realized I had my search setting for all of Ontario, the saw was a 16 hr round trip away. So I sent a message back apologizing for wasting their time and told them how far away they are and told them the nearest city for reference (Population 350,000 45 minutes away from the town of 15,000 that I live in). The story is over the dreams are dashed...

Late September I get an email from the seller. The gist of it was they would be coming to the nearby city in November and were wondering if I was still interested, they had a price for the saw and the reason they were selling it was her sisters husband had passed away.

I sent a reply thanking her for the kind offer, but the asking price was a little out of my range, but if they hadn't sold it by November to message me and maybe somehow I can scrounge up some dough.

November comes and I receive an envelope in the mail, from the government, inside that envelope was a cheque, apparently they owed me some money (my wife did a little happy dance in the kitchen when I showed her the cheque). We talked about where the money was going and that was that.

Later on that day I was scanning through Kijiji once again and I came across that Grail ad once again. I made the phone call to see if they still had saw and if they were still coming to the nearby city, Yes and Yes. So I call the boss up and asked her if I have the go ahead on the saw. I got the OK so I called up to make arrangements!

Talking to the seller said she was coming down on a Sunday night and then I told her I don't actually live in that city but was going to arrange to meet at a car pool area on her way by. I told her where I actually live and that is where her relatives live, I literally had to drive 1 mile down the road that I live on to meet her after her 8 hr trip!

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you a saw named Destiny...

I guess that's why he bought it then!

I have access to a Bridgeport, is there a particular saw mount that is best to convery to D033, D009 or D025?

I'm still thinking about getting some of the GB bars from Left Coast.

120cc's and something retarded like 12hp. i swear they feel like a good handling higher revving 090. although not a big ol' awkward POS like an 090 lol. i'll take one over any other 120cc and i've barely burnt a tank through one.

I'm sorry,I never got out of the gate on this one.
Now you were browsing, kijiji and saying "Canadian craigs list" as a referance of comparison as to what kijiji is or you were also browsing Craigs list Canada.
Details seemed important in this story.

Thnx

Just ran across this thread.
Super great story, Glad it all worked out for you.
The 166 is a fantastic saw in my mind. Good luck
with it, They are fun to run. Be careful parts are
very hard to find and run the saw a tad on the rich
side oil wise and carb wise.

Lee

Latest posts

Back