A stack of Mac's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous, some guys just have all the luck in finding saws. This is the latest addition to my clutch of Mac's. A 450 that has the Mac carb in it that I was able to get working and you can sure tell it has one in it too. There is plenty of power with this saw, I have used it the woodpile a couple weekends this last month, hard to stop this one, going to run it against one of my Sthils if I can find a volunteer some weekend.

Larry

Much the same as my 550 but i cannot check the numbers on the bottom of the crankcase as they don't relate to the model so i'm not sure of its engine size.

But them old Mac carby certainly sound strange with the governor working vroom vroom and all that kind stuff, both the Super 250 and the 550 have governors.

Talk about having the luck of the Irish yesterday i when to try and buy a Solo Rex with a genuine factory Post hole borer on it which i didn't succeed in getting, but sitting under a pile of bits and pieces was a SP125 or PM105 there's no numbers on the c/case here either as it was a replacement cylinder which is frozen the rest of the saw is complete but without the bar and chain plus the clutch cover has gone Damm.

It's amazing how many old big Mc's are still around.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back