A Sunday Afternoon of sILloggin'!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is clearing some trees in order to build some fence. I got called in to cut and buck the trees. so the girlfriend came along to take some pics

Here is a Pin Oak that was a double and split about 8' up and the split was evident until about 4', i considered dropping the trees as one, but decided that it would be better to do it as two. and i'm glad i did, the trees were split to the ground. my gf thought it looked like a big chair, so she took a seat for a pic. I even cut a humbolt in it (not a deep one, but i didn't need to)
011jpg.jpg

012jpg.jpg

013jpg.jpg

Gotta love limby fencerow trees, sometimes that don't even hit the ground!!
014jpg.jpg

015jpg.jpg

016jpg.jpg

My buddy counting the rings, this tree was about 57 (it grew pretty fast) also had barbed wire in the bottom.
017jpg.jpg

Last edited:
018jpg.jpg

019jpg.jpg

020jpg.jpg

022jpg.jpg

023jpg.jpg

024jpg.jpg

it was right at dark and i was on the last tree that needed to be cleared for the fence to go through, so it got put on the chopping block.
025jpg.jpg

the darn chain came off!
026jpg.jpg

Looks like a good time...:clap:

Hey, wait a second! Is that tin hat OSHA approved?

I think. it is a skull bucket. this was the first day that i have wore the blaze orange vest, i had the gf running the skidder for me the other day and she said at times i was hard to spot, we went into walmart and seen these vests so i picked one up. not a bad idea at all.

Way to go man! You got yourself a cutie too. Not a thing wrong with that:) So what saw do you find yourself using the most these days?

It all depends on the timber. i have been running the 460 quite a bit. and that TS660 is a blast to run. when i get into big timber it comes out. Tree Sling'r just shipped my 460 today, so im guessing im gonna be running that alot in the future.

Cool..... anytime you feel the need to run them saws you can cut on my farms anytime.... just bring helper in Carhartts! WDO

Nothing better then a goodlooking hard working gf.Pretty soon she'll want her own moded saw.lol

Nice pics and a nice sunday job. Always nice when the other half will come out and join ya. Mine will anytime she can, one thing she misses about being on the farm is being outside all the time. And some guys go for skirts and dresses, me I think she looks be in her old jeans and tee and bibs are the best. Had her running the excavator one day, was nervous at first but once she got digging a bit she didn't want to get off.

Trbo

Back