a super clean runner... cheap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locofrog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
aight so i passed this saw up because a friend needed one badly... with that said, i hadn't seen it until after i told him to go for it.
the CAD treatments must be working. lol. the cleanest Poulan 2300 CVA i've personally seen. i did volunteer to give it a work up for my buddy who scored it for $60 with case,tools and all. he bought it from another buddy of mine who actually scored it for a whopping $25.
all it needed was fuel line and a carb kit + tune. i did give it a fuel bath and hosed it down with the air pick too. my CAD has had it's foot in my rump all weekend over this one. :\
245236d1342413761-2300-cva-001-jpg

245237d1342413784-2300-cva-002-jpg

245238d1342413810-2300-cva-003-jpg

245239d1342413837-2300-cva-004-jpg

Last edited:
Sweet little Poulan. At least it's staying "in the family". Make your buddy swear that he'll give you first shot at it if he decides to send it down the road. Those are the rules.:cheers:

lol ya i already did. there was a sweet looking little husqvarna 36 i missed in the lot too. same old guy had it and sold it w\case and all for $25. hate i missed it.

That 2300CVA is nice & clean :rock:!

I saw a clean one on feePay for $15.00, but the seller wouldn't ship, & I couldn't find anyone here close to him. Oh well, life happens :msp_rolleyes:. I do have the Craftsman version of a Poulan 2400, which I believe is the rear handle version of the 2300CVA. The strange thing is I've never actually seen a Poulan 2400, just the Craftsman version.

Thanks for the great photos! That was my first saw, only mine had a 16" bar. Yours looks like it's just out of the box, nice.

May want to stock up on an oiler check valve, that's what stopped mine, and I sold it. The engine was really fast for it's size, nice and loud. :clap:

I replaced it with a Tanaka TCS-3401s top handle.

That 2300CVA is nice & clean :rock:!

I saw a clean one on feePay for $15.00, but the seller wouldn't ship, & I couldn't find anyone here close to him. Oh well, life happens :msp_rolleyes:. I do have the Craftsman version of a Poulan 2400, which I believe is the rear handle version of the 2300CVA. The strange thing is I've never actually seen a Poulan 2400, just the Craftsman version.

I saw a Poulan green 2400 on feebay a while ago. It was whipped. You're right though. While I've only seen the one 2400, I've seen (and worked on) at least a dozen of the grey Craftsman versions.

Does the "counter vibe" work worth a dern on these? My dad picked up a regular 2300 for a loaner saw and that thing will vibrate your fingernails off. :dizzy:

It helps. Feels a bit 'squishy' when the buffers get deteriorated however. Same with any rubber buffer AV saw. Easy and cheap to fix though.

true but these av mounts were near perfect so the feel was nice overall. as for the troll about the $25.... it's obvious you don't have CAD yet but i could only hope you soon get it. that way you'll know a deal when you see it. oh and the airpick is what i call a little end i made for my airgun. ups the pressure a little and able to get in tighter spaces. dab of fuel on a paintbrush and then the airpick has proven to be an excellent way to clear that 20 year old gunk outta old saws for me.

Latest posts

Back