A suprise at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well today was the first day of summer hours for us New York State DOT employees, which ment some of us were headed back to there home shops. Well when i got to my home shop , i caught wind that we got 2 new chainsaws.....everybody told me cuz im the chainsaw guy. Well what happend was, we had a big ice storm back in Dec. We were given a grant for $2000 to get some more saws and what not. Well the bosses finally smartend up and bought commercial grade saws. They bought a new Husky pole saw, 346XP with a 16" bar and a 390XP with a 25" bar. I was super pumped lololol. I actually thought the 346 was heavy and the 390 wasn't.....maybe the 390 was better balanced. I can wait to play with them this week at work. Whats scary is the people who will be running the the 390 aren't to great with a chainsaw....oh well hahahahaha. We have been running a 365, 268, 141, 023, 025, Homelite 410 and a 405 Poulan Pro.

Oh, and all im gonna say is the 390 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cut some 20" elm and maple with it over the past few days. You know, the more i run Husky's at work, the more i think about offing all my Stihls for Husky's hahahahaha

Im out of one of the Albany County Residencies. I was shocked to hear that we got new saws cuz i know we couldn't and did't have any money to buy any new stuff. I think we got a federal grant for like $2000 after that big ice storm in Dec. We def needed a BIG saw since my shop is out in the mountains lol

Back