A Tale of two Fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
20141012_174501.jpg Can somebody PLEASE tell me why my fiskars is all black and my BIL has the orange handle? Is mine also a x27? Ive never seen another all black one before, I got it at sears couple years ago.

Also seen all black Fiskars at Walmart and Ace Hardware. Same warranty. I assume that it is an appearance change only, unless someone knows something else.

Fiskars website shows both.

Fiskars changes things occasionally - I have a splitting maul that is not exactly the same as an X25, but fit in that category when I bought it many years ago.

Philbert

Had my x 27 for 2 years and it is also the jack-o-lantern theme

Same head, I think they upgraded the coating process, the handles are marginally different shape, and the carry handle has been changed. I do not know on the steel composition.

One cool thing..Fiskars hasn't raised prices. Still 50 bucks most places. Not too shabby for an euro import tool.

It looks like a marketing thing. I've seen and used both with NO noticeable difference. If it bothers you then paint the end orange!

I've seen the all black ones to me they feel and look of a lesser quality compared to the orange trimmed Fiskars.

The black one has a checkered grip while the orange is a Tacky material. But other than that they both split wood like a boss

Back