A Thanksgiving Message

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am thinking about this Thanksgiving...Dad's 83 with not much time left..Mom's ok ,but that stroke sure did knock the stuffing out of her from that strong German woman she used to be. My kids David & Christiann are coming back home from E. Grand Forks....sure wil be nice to see them again...they are now both flying on their own accord.
My sis is living local with her 2 girls and the future hubby...nice guy...known him for years.Well it'll be fun razzing and tickling my nieces to pieces.

There will be a few other relatives joining us...Ole Marlow..a bit of a drinker and round as a donut,he's always got a smile and nice things to say....plus a few cousins.

I guess what I'm getting at is this feeling that I've not had for some time...I was a practiing drunk and now with 4 solid years under my belt of avoiding the booze I can say that this new feeling is priceless.
The feeling of being loved and trusted by those that count the most in my life.

Thanksgiving is a time to be cherished.I've not always held value in this time.
Ran from it to be more exact.....avoiding the family and hiding my misery.
The funny thing was that my folks knew what hell I was living in. They prayed and asked for this change to take place.

A bit over 4 years ago I almost died.I had almost completed the task of finally doing myself in. Not knowing how to handle the pain of a lost brother due to a hunting accident,not knowing how to handle many years of alcoholic abuse by step fathers and biological father and not knowing that a real life ...a normal life was possible and not knowing who to even find to help me down this new path...yes I am thankfull for my Lord intervening...

So with this new Holiday season ahead of us starting out with Thanksgiving ...I must confess...I have a lot to be thankfull for.

My hope is that all of you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
My hope for you is that love abounds to the fullest in your homes this holiday season.

Sincerly,
Keith

Yes it sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for Keith. Messages like this one kinda puts a lot of things in perspective. Here's to all you arboristsite guys and gals, have a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving!

Keith, thanks again for your post, and the message that it brings to us. I know for my own part, I indeed have a lot to be thankful for.A head injury earlier this year shook me to my very roots, but it could have been much worse.Sad that at the time I didnt see it that way,but you know what they say about hindsight.

Thanks again not only for your post,but all the quality reading you have given us this year Keith.To all my brothers and sisters out there in AS land, thanks again for all the warmth, compassion, support, helpfullness and companionship that you have provided to me over this past year. It is not forgotten and certainly is appreciated.

Sometimes I get a little discouraged when I think about all the troubles in the world, the crooks, thieves, and selfishness all around, but it's threads like these that encourage me with the knowledge there truly are good people around, and I have much for which to be thankful.

I have a roof over my head, heat, clothes, food...

....and a family that, for some strange reason, decides they still can tolerate me during the holidays. :fart:

:cheers:

This is a bittersweet year for me, I lost my beloved FIL to cancer and my own father has about two more days. But, I survived my heart attack and my white count is back to a better level. So I am thankful.

Thanksgiving is a time to be cherished.I've not always held value in this time.

Good words, hopefully they have an impact on someone that was in your situation. Sometimes we forget how good we have it. Just remember, we don't need thanksgiving; we need to cherish all our time, because its all we have...the "X-factor"

We all worry about how many cords we can split in an hour, or how fast the splitter is, but we need to be sure that we take that time that we saved and do something good with it. My dad passed when I was 15. It significantly changed my life. Don't waste a second, and hug your kids tonight, you'll be glad you did, and so will they.

Thanks for sharing Keith, we ALL need to stop and evaluate our lives from time to time, look at the big picture and remember what is really important. We all know this, we just need to reminded.

Thanks Keith!!!!

Its a bittersweet year this year for me. Losing both of my parents within the past month. I have done all of the cooking for my side of the family for about the past 10 years. I mainly did it so mom didnt have to. I expressed by feelings to my wife about how I am going to be lost on T-giving not cooking for mom and dad. Bro and sis are 99% of the time at their in-laws. My wife called some friends who aren't able to make it to their families this year and they are coming over here for turkey. It won't be the same, it will fill the void somewhat but I am very thankful to have a houseful this year. I love cooking T-giving dinner.

What I have to be thankful for--a wonderful family, wonderful friends, a good job, my own house and a bunch of other things.

I'm also thankful I found this site to meet you guys and get / give some advice. You guys are great

Have a great thanksgiving.

Jeff

You know, its a post like Keiths that reminds me what Glenn Beck has been pushing for his viewers. The idea to get back to the basics of this country.

Back when our country was founded our pilgrims were in dire situations. They did not have all the luxuries like we did. The indians showed mercy and helped them through. In an intervention from God!

With our lives to parallel with them on this holiday, we must not forget that this great country owes to our good Lord for seeing us through it!

Hope all have a great thanksgiving and stay warm by the fire!

...so I get home last night and a message on my phone from a dear friend and mentor is there.
He just found out he has a large tumor and he says it's growing fast.
He's looking to be admitted to the Mayo today and maybe be operated on on Thanksgiving.

When I think about how tough my life is this thing Hoggie is going through really puts it all into perspective.
Live each days like it's your last.
Be kind to others and give of yourself to those in need.

Being a recovering alcoholic I must share this message...there is hope and there is a plan from our loving God that we all live in peace and follow Him to the promise land.
To those that have lost loved ones.My heart goes out to you. You will join them in time for a very happy reunion.

Know also they are watching down on you and they spend their days praying for you.I have it on good authority you are loved...greatly.

Well, good for you for quitting the hooch. I quit on my own, didn't need any help, but glad you got what you needed.

My pastor closes nearly every sermon with these words"Be kind to everyone,because everyone faces tough times".

Keith,my hats off to you and others for over coming your addiction and coming out on top of lifes problems.

When we read these post it makes you realize that others too have problems, and have overcome their struggles and matter how bad things are they still take time to realize what they have to be thankful for.
Some folks dwell on the bad things enough that they totally overlook the good things.I,m thankful ever day for my blessings and pray that when problems come that they will be small..

Happy Thanksgiving
Tim

We do..I know I do get wrapped up in life's trials. The struggle is never ending,however I am not alone in this daily battle nor is anyone else if they just ask for help...no matter the situation.

From what I've witnessed here at AS......it is that there are many that are willing to extend their hand to help their neighbors or members here in the forum.

I know we can get caught up in our passions over products ,but I think we at least for the most part really care although maybe not seeing eye to eye.

Nice post Keith. Stay on the path, one day at a time. Always good to see someone turn their life around.

We recently had a cancer scare with my MIL. We are thankful that it is not cancer. She does have a problem, just not as serious.

Thanks for the inspiring post Keith !! May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

From what I've witnessed here at AS......it is that there are many that are willing to extend their hand to help their neighbors or members here in the forum.

That's what makes this one of the better sites. many are willing to extend their hand to help their neighbors or members

Because of all the help I've received from the members, my OWB installiation was much easier for me and I'm sitting in my warm house when it's 7º outside.

Had a great day, hope you all did also. The help of this forum is heartwarming. I read some other forums and this is by far the most polite, and giving. Thanks Crappie for the nice post.

Latest posts

Back