A tree for frontyard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stgovilla

Reaction score
I want to plant a tree in my front yard, but I am a little worried about the roots, I would like a tree that the roots grows down so that way it wont damage the walking way.
I´ve seen a maple and I like it very much but I dont know how it grows. Thank You

Is this for a place in Guadalajara? Maples can get surface roots but generally the cause of this is over watering. So dont soak the yard!!! I am unfamiliar what grows well in Mexico, so if you give us ideas we can help.:D Great to know we hit Mexico. I've been to Guadalajara and enjoyed it very much.:) Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your answer. I saw a couple of Maples about a mile from my house and are growing grate. Here in Guadalajara we have a lot of ficus, palm trees, eucaliptos, lemon, jacarandas, etc etc. I will check for the names in english. I am glad you have been here. As you know, we don´t have extreme temperatures and the summer almost all years we have a good rain precipitation. It rains most of the times between 7:00 pm to 5 am (we have now a week raining in this time every day). Some times are very good rains. We can say that in here we can grow most of tropical species and some that need low temperatures. I have seen pine trees, avocados, etc.
Thank you again.
stgo

Darin: Sorry I forgot that we have also many kinds of cactus, most of them are not from here, but they grow very good.
From about 25 miles there is a cactacean named pitaya that gives a fruit from the same name in the months of may and june that are delicius, the only thing with this fruit is that you have to eat it before 3 or four days you recolect it, but I thing is one of my favorites fruits, you can buy them at Las Nueve Esquinas that is a place tat there are 9 corners, with a lot of birria restaurants, the people who sale the pitayas are in the plaza there with improvised tents and you can buy the same day they picked them.

Latest posts

Back