a wonderful sight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally got my load of wood today. No more scrounging in knee deep snow. Mostly Black Ash. That little bit on the ground in the last picture is what I was down to.

2014_0210woodpile0001.jpg

2014_0210woodpile0004.jpg

2014_0210woodpile0002.jpg

from the song:
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, sawing in a winter wonderland.
Please forgive the mods. :chop: Now, fill 'yer fists.

Nice load there!

I also see a *ton* of BTUs lurking there in that huge pine next to the building, where it doesn't need to be. Big trees next to buildings....nyetski.

Nice load there!

I also see a *ton* of BTUs lurking there in that huge pine next to the building, where it doesn't need to be. Big trees next to buildings....nyetski.

I got 2 big white pines there by the garage, no way I could cut them down, those things have to be almost 100 years old, over 36" dia.
I mean I could cut them but I won't out of respect for old tree's.

Another beautiful sight up here is the disappearance of the - symbol from the 10 day forecast. Of course it needs to go up 22 degrees here before it's gone yet. Pretty bad when a guy gets beaten down to the point where he thinks 0 is a nice temperature.

Nice looking load of wood, should be a pile of splits and sawdust by next week, right? :chop::chop::chop:

Black ash, it sure makes some great looking wood for woodworking projects. Wish it were native in my part of the world.

Black ash, it sure makes some great looking wood for woodworking projects. Wish it were native in my part of the world.

I was looking online and saw people selling saw milled black ash for a pretty good price $$ for making guitars and stuff, almost a shame to burn the big stuff, but I have no way of cutting nice boards to sell.

I think it was Hedgerow who once took a picture of a pile of split oak, stacked next to a bulk LP Tank and said something to the effect that they both have about the same amount of BTU’s. Think of the BTU’s in that pile of ash and the cost of LP today.

It looks like you’ll have a week of nice weather to do up some of that wood. That ash is frozen so it should split easy.

Back