A wood cutting story part2...The Russians

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you!

Outstanding story! Most guys would've been a real jerk to that gal, and you were extremely kind. I believe that your good deed and level-head will come back to you, as the old saying goes "what goes around comes around". You will be Blessed with another great wood score in the future because of your willingness to share. Many times when at our local compost site, I will "back off" and help others get wood from there, and sometimes cut it to size for them because I know that there is plenty of wood around that I can and will have access to that these people won't, so I let them take it (usually)!

So many guys would've been real nasty to her and then a shouting match (or worse) would've developed; it's not worth it over wood-you will be rewarded with a nice score soon, mark my words!

Good job! :clap:

Many times when at our local compost site, I will "back off" and help others get wood from there, and sometimes cut it to size for them because I know that there is plenty of wood around that I can and will have access to that these people won't, so I let them take it (usually)!

So many guys would've been real nasty to her and then a shouting match (or worse) would've developed; it's not worth it over wood-you will be rewarded with a nice score soon, mark my words!

Good job! :clap:

My sentiments exactly Woodsman...I don't doubt that some more free wood will fall into my lap. Always seems to come around when I'm not even looking for it too!

Good story, and makin' friends with wood cuttin Ruskies ain't a bad thing.

Ruskie chow will make ya think your own Momma held a bit back on ya.

:cheers:

Networking with other woodcutters ain't a bad idea.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

...and don't try to keep up with Russian & Ukrainian friends when drinking. I learned this one the hard way. :cheers:

It's a sport with those folks. Only Finns can beat them if it gets serious, and then usually a war breaks out.. LOL!!

Lutefisk and a bottle of Vodka is dinner to some LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Good story, and makin' friends with wood cuttin Ruskies ain't a bad thing.

Ruskie chow will make ya think your own Momma held a bit back on ya.

:cheers:

Networking with other woodcutters ain't a bad idea.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Don't know why but I always look forward to other woodcutters joining in on the fun when there's wood to be had...just have to be a bit more cautious around all them saws!

Good story Thombat!

Only Finns can beat them if it gets serious

:D

I don't come from a family of chronic drinkers (excepting one uncle), but we can certainly tie one on!

My favorite tale is watching my 85 y/o granny get all excited about winning a bottle of vodka in a raffle at the Finn Hall one summer afternoon. Soon as the bottle was brought to our table, she opened it and poured herself the first of several shots! Only time I ever saw her drink, but she was just tickled pink.

Dude, you ought to be a writer. You took a fairly ordinary situation and made it very interesting with the level of detail you added. I could almost see the whole scenario in my mind's eye, including her legs!

If I were to have written that story it would be something like this:

Went to cut some free Craigslist wood. A snotty Russian beech with great legs stopped and gave me some lip. It rained. Her husband turned out to be OK. The fiskars came in handy. The End.

Thats funny. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

Kevin

No issue re; recomending saws except that he was telling a cool story that had nothing to do with what saw he should use to cut faster or make the job easier...that's all.

well i just thought he might have a better time if he had some bigger saws... i think he mentioned something about possibly being under sawed with big oak rounds... do you want him to be under sawed? plus i would hate to see that lil 55 burn up nuts deep in an oak round. sounds like a good job for a 044 or a 7900 might also recomend a 090, i think that might be the perfect "big saw" for hardwood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back