About ready to get rid of the Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i swear between them and aragons i am dumbfounded how they still continue business. that new stihl seems real cool. has a good outlook on how to conduct business

FXDL, yaa it boggles my mind how they stay in business??? Both of those saw / ope shops poor arse customer service makes think when you've got the market cornered. Dumb people in need will use their services. I refuse darken their doors.

Old boy owner of aragons freaking yelled at me for having the nerve to waive shipping fee's on a purchase of over $500 in parts. They didn't use to charge any shipping fee's. Then one day he got greedy! Heck, I told him put in my order with his weekly order. Nope, he said " You'll have to kill me" to waive the shipping charge. I just walked out shaking my head and thinking. You've just lost a customer that loves to spend money in your shop! Idiot, what where you thinking? Come on, would you piss off someone that was going to give you $500???

I am okay sending my cash out of state.

Okay, enough of me venting! :dizzy:

Time for :cheers:

My experience with alamia was not good . They take your money, but when the product is not good, say take it to a dealer. My Husky vac clogs on big leaves because the designers narrowed the tube just before the grinder. Have to stop and clean it all the time. I'm going to make a different tube I guess. Even if there was a dealer near here, it wouldn't do any good.

Ive never had a problem with them. But I do all my own work on ope. If run into a problem. I fix it and continue on. I don't rely on my local husky dealer for anything.

Do you have the husky 125b blower? Ive thinking about getting one just for blowing but not for vac duty. Other then the vac problem, is it okay or ???

What part of nm are you at?

I bought my 6400 4 months ago from a local dealer and ever since i bought the saw the staff just treats me like crap! they're real nice when i had big bucks for my saw but not that i need chains or oil or whatever. i'm apparently inconviencing them. i met a real cool that just opened a stihl dealer here. thinking about selling the dolmar and goin with a 460, screw it. tired of being treated like crap by the only dolmar dealer in my state:censored:

I second what some have said already. Maybe the owner/manager doesn't know that staff treats you that way. Maybe ownership knows it, and ownership is the problem. Whichever, it's smart to speak with the manager, politely explain the lay of the land from your perspective, and quietly emphasize that fact that dealer support is key when it comes to choosing a saw brand.

Really, the top four or five saw makers are close enough together on so many things that it boils down to personal preference, and if you have a dealer that won't give you the time of day, make his day by going to another dealer/brand.

But give him a chance to make it right first by telling him what's on your mind. People CAN change. :clap: :clap:

If you want a 460, go ahead and get it.

But if you like the Dolmar, why give it up because of a dealer that wants to be an azz.

Stihl 33RSC with 72 dl will fit right on your 20 inch bar. You can also buy your oil mix and bar from Stihl.

You can order parts online for the Dolmar, and you can also get oil and chain from Bailey's, one of our sponsors.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. K&S did warranty work on my PS401 last year (which I didn't buy from them), did good work and did it fast. They even put in a new plug and air filter, and reset the carb. I was very pleased, no complaints.

I've mentioned before that I have a small Mom & Pop outfit nearby which I do business with every now and then. I really like them, in spite of their TINY inventory. However, they have one BIG advantage -- they will order and service Dolmar, even though they are not a licensed dealer. I'm not sure what, if any, liability they assume for doing so, but it doesn't matter -- they are the only game in town, and they have never failed to treat me right. My return business is assured. even though I do 95% of my service myself. I trust these guys and will defer to their judgment if I get in over my head.

Husky 125 bv

Yes I have one, but I haven't used the blower, just the vac. It clogs on Cotton wood leaves pretty easily. My old sears Poulan was much better, but it quit. I need to find out what is wrong with it. Either fuel or spark. I thought the Husky would be much better so I went for it. Wrong!

Northern NM Los Alamos.

I wouldn't sell just cause of the dealer. Besides you have all the dealer support that you need right here.

Good point. The dealers here can't ship you a new saw, but you can buy everything else from them.

OTOH, if you need the dealer to repair/maintain the saw, and are boycotting the only nearby dealer...

MISTAKE

All the dealers are like that. Matter of fact, most stores are like that. If you wanna buy a $1000 printer from Best Buy, you will probably get decent help. Go back for the ink for the that printer and you will get some finger pointing at best---sir, the ink is over there---->

Its all about profit margin. Today, there there is no profit or margin, and therefore , no service either.

Everyone wants cheaper today, the industry has adopted to our requirements.

Funny.

I have sometimes found the opposite - you buy a saw & they barely deal with you, but you keep coming back for accessories & they are all over you because they know you'll be a lifelong customer. Profit margins are roughly the same on saws and accessories anyway.

Weird how some dealers seem hell-bent on putting themselves out of business.

Back