Accuweather Forecast for Fall 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, the weather guessers are at it already. What would we do without them? I 'll wait for the Farmers Almanac to tell me what this coming winter will bring. Better yet, let me put a call into my Uncle Freddy, he predicts the weather by his arthritis. I believe he's at least on par with the weather guessers.

I've seen several good meteorological places stating the same thing...cold SNOWY winter.

One guy I follow indicated a similar season to 74-75 and 76-77. If so, those were year that we measured feet of snow accumulation during a storm, not inches.

Unfortunately, I won't be there most of the year...it might be an expensive winter.

I plow snow in winter but I do not like the thought of storms dropping feet vs a few inches. Particular early season and late season because that stuff is like trying to push wet cement that has partially set up.
Me too! Been thinking about getting out of the plow business for good, just don't seem to enjoy it like I used to.

I like big snows. Keeps my wife and I from spending money.
I'm just the opposite. When it gets cold, my wife wants to go someplace warm..................I put a space heater in the bathroom but that didn't work.

Don't move here.

Northwest: This region will likely be dealing with well-above average temperatures and once again, very dry conditions. This area will probably feel the effects of another winter that brings ridging over the region; therefore, warmer and drier conditions.

Me too! Been thinking about getting out of the plow business for good, just don't seem to enjoy it like I used to.
Yep same here, Getting to be a real hassle, fuel costs up salt prices up( plus shortages to drive them even higher) and every mother's son undercutting you like crazy. I really do not make any real profit on just pushing snow, profit is in the salting.

Some are saying not so cold, and not so snowy this winter... at least for the northern half of the country.
Some are even sayin', if the El Nino sets up like they expect, we here in Iowa could have above normal temps and below normal snow... maybe even see shirt-sleeve weather periods during January/February.
It's all guess work... but some are sayin'...

Screen_Shot_2014-04-14_at_7.46.25_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2014-04-14_at_8.05.22_PM.png

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/ind...look-2014-2015-u-s-winter-forecast?groupid=16

I plow snow in winter but I do not like the thought of storms dropping feet vs a few inches. Particular early season and late season because that stuff is like trying to push wet cement that has partially set up.

Those are the worst! It's like mud falling from the sky. 10x's harder on all the equipment.

Those are the worst! It's like mud falling from the sky. 10x's harder on all the equipment.

Been a loooong time since I have been up in snowplow country, so a question...do they have pickup sized front mount snow blowers now? I remember them for big dump trucks, just wondering on regular pickups.

If they do, perhaps a better option over just a blade?

Latest posts

Back