Add on wood furnace help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padgett152

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been researching the following 3 add-on wood furnaces:

1. Norseman 2500 by Vogelzang
2. DAKA Model 521
3. Englander add-on furnace.

I know there are alot of better units out there, but I am just looking for a referral on one of the three. If you have some input, please feel free to comment. I look to upgrade in a couple of years, but for right now, it's gotta be one of these. They all claim to heat betwwen 2500-3000 sf. I have about 2800 sf of heating area and intend on tying it into my existing duct work.

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks

the DAKA is a good unit for the money I have a small one about 30 years old we put in my sons house, and a model 421 that we found in a tree line that was taken out of the old house when it was torn down 20+ years ago, the blowers were shot but i put a blower unit from old electric furnace i scraped .
Had to do some repair on it and put in new fire brick and it is in my shop.
For my house though i have an ASHLEY 24A that has 2 blowers and a fan forced draft, not a big fan of the spring drafts.
good luck

of those metioned the englander is the best by far ,i love mine

What they say what it will heat depends on alot of variables, but remember the room the furnace is in is also included in the sq. footage.

I have the norseman 2500 in my basement hooked up like it should be and my basement is around 80F and the first floor is about 70F while the upstairs without any heat vents stays around 50-60F. I think my house is 1000-1500 sq ft not including the basement.

I picked the norseman over the daka...from what i hear from daka owners, im glad i did...ive never seen the eglander so i dont know but im guessing its better than what i have.

Thanks everyone, but the decision was just made for me. I just scored a 1 year old Fire Chief 700 for $1200! No brainer....

Thanks everyone, but the decision was just made for me. I just scored a 1 year old Fire Chief 700 for $1200! No brainer....

....but they were not on your list of options...wait was this one of those trick questions or...are you a woman???

For $1200 it appears to be a no brainer....so far.

Latest posts

Back