Added another saw from my "dream list", this one is BIG and yeller and 123cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]
I already have issue with the tendons in my left arm because of the accident a few years ago, it seems to effect my thumb more than anything. All the mounts are solid, surprisingly even the one "engineered" mount feels good. I am already very well aware of the effect a 125 has on a persons adrenaline because of several other members here bringing them to GTGs and such. It wasn't but a few years ago I was completely content with my little 3314 for limbs, a Husqvarna 51 for firewood and a 272xp for "big stuff". Now I own 20+ saws, with the largest majority being 65cc and larger, and I just dropped a big load of cash on a 125C that probably will not get used but a few times a year.......

[snip]

Hope you don't mind me asking. What happened?

Hope you don't mind me asking. What happened?

Rolled a Ford Ranger and they had to put my left arm back on, like a true redneck I kept my elbow hanging out the window all the way up until the roof of the truck ripped it off........... Ended up with about 50 staples, a unknown number of stitches, skin graphs, elbow reconstruction and a free oil change......... Not to mention all the screws, plates, caps, the surgeons wrist watch and etc that was installed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Darn!! All that bad luck and THEN find a yeller saw on your porch? It doesn't get any worse than that.....:)

Good to see ya around. Day two and the car is still doing fine so I reckon it was just the curse of Friday the 13th........

I just now saw the post about your accident....Darn! You're lucky it wasn't worse. That was the truck you were on when you came here, I think? Hope you get along ok...

Oh...Forgot to mention...If I came home and found a Mac on my front porch, I'd use the back door.:)

Man, Johnnie, that truck looks bad. What happened to cause that wreck? I'm just glad you're still around to tell about it.:rock:

I just now saw the post about your accident....Darn! You're lucky it wasn't worse. That was the truck you were on when you came here, I think? Hope you get along ok...

I brought the 90 Cherokee to your GTG, that accident happened in 2009 and I had only owned the truck for 3 weeks. I was so proud of that little truck. The truck belonged to a young feller and it had been sitting in his mother's driveway for a year because he could not get it running, plus he had been away at college. His mother got tired of looking it and sold it to me for $500, turned out the truck was actually titled in her name. I towed it home on a dolly and had it running in a half hour, the electrical side of the ignition switch had fallen apart and all I did was clamped it back together. The truck only had 95K on the odometer, 50K on a brand new engine, 11k on a brand new trans and it slid right through state inspection.

Oh...Forgot to mention...If I came home and found a Mac on my front porch, I'd use the back door.:)

Me..... I like them all.....

I'll bet both oilers work just fine on that old Mac.:D

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/203840.htm

Have not checked the auto oiler but I know the manual works.

Man, Johnnie, that truck looks bad. What happened to cause that wreck? I'm just glad you're still around to tell about it.:rock:

I was digging for my phone and hit a culvert pipe that ran under a driveway....... No kidding. I was alert for the whole accident and could give every detail, though I will not go into all that here.

Congratulations Johnny!!!

It pleases when one of my saws wind up in good hands, it is always the best I could hope for! It is possible to start just about any saw without the compression release, but it is not about strength or technique so much as protecting the starter mechanism components. That saw has had quite a trip...It came with a large purchase I made in Wisconsin, went to Ohio with a buddy of mine, and then to Colorado, and now to you, makes it kinda "high mileage" I guess...:msp_wink:

I just got back from a long road trip to Pulaski, New York or I would have caught this thread earlier. I got to meet A.C. Lambs' son in law and daughter, and the largest stash of Mercury Disston parts I have ever seen!

Go get that thing stuck in some wood, after you do it a few times you could achieve "perma-smile", common amongst large saw users...

ENJOY!!!

Brian

Congrats Johnnie. :rock:
I thought of buying that saw myself, but funds are a little low now.
Apse (hermantinkerer) are members here and excellent people! :msp_thumbsup:

EDIT: I guess I should have read the entire thread. ;)

That's quite a crash there, glad you're alright. Sounds like that torn shoulder was 'fun'.

Not.

Congratulations Johnny!!!

It pleases when one of my saws wind up in good hands, it is always the best I could hope for! It is possible to start just about any saw without the compression release, but it is not about strength or technique so much as protecting the starter mechanism components. That saw has had quite a trip...It came with a large purchase I made in Wisconsin, went to Ohio with a buddy of mine, and then to Colorado, and now to you, makes it kinda "high mileage" I guess...:msp_wink:

I just got back from a long road trip to Pulaski, New York or I would have caught this thread earlier. I got to meet A.C. Lambs' son in law and daughter, and the largest stash of Mercury Disston parts I have ever seen!

Go get that thing stuck in some wood, after you do it a few times you could achieve "perma-smile", common amongst large saw users...

ENJOY!!!

Brian

I knew you would find the thread sooner or later and I am very happy with the saw. It is always cool to hear about the journey of a item and I am glad you shared, the old thing has managed to survive all that travel in good condition. The only problem I found was a small tear in the end of the fuel line down at the carb, I just cut about a quarter inch off and pushed it back on.

The saw is going with me tomorrow to Narrows Va, along with an assortment of others, to remove a very large Scyamore tree that came down in a storm a few weeks ago. It will also being going to the Campbell County Hertiage Festival in a couple weeks, the on lookers love these old power houses with long bars.

Congrats Johnnie. :rock:
I thought of buying that saw myself, but funds are a little low now.
Apse (hermantinkerer) are members here and excellent people! :msp_thumbsup:

EDIT: I guess I should have read the entire thread. ;)

Buying this saw put a hard strain on the funds around here also and, in all honesty, I should not have bought from a finanical stand point. But from the "I really want it" stand point the purchase was a no brainer......

Back