Added new Toy to the collection this weekend...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
I purchased a very nice used 35 Ton Huskee splitter. That thing has plenty of power I put some of the gnarliest pieces of wood I had under it. If it doesn't split it shears it that's awesome. 13 HP Electric start I think I am going like this machine. I tried running it just off idle and it is quiet and still moves fast enough for me and has plenty of power the motor does not even work hard. I am just doing firewood not in that big of hurry. I really like the vertical feature for the big rounds. I have never used one like that before I always struggled to get them on the beam of me buddy's splitter.

:cheers:

Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
I will try to get some tonight. How do you load pictues to this board? Do I have to put them on something like photobucket or something and then just point to them?

Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
No I found it in a local newspaper.

I was really considering buying a Northern 30 ton unit for $1599 & 270.00 for shipping. I am glad I waited now I have a 35 ton with electric start also for much less.....

Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
HuskeeSplitter002.jpg

HuskeeSplitter003.jpg

First stab at posing pictures how did I do?

Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
This is the end of my second season with the CB 5036 my only regret is that I didn't buy it years ago. It has been a pleasure to use na dI have to tell you I love watching the gas trucks go by.... If you like burning wood do yourself a favor and find a way to purchase one you won't regret it.

Mister Twister

Mister Twister

ArboristSite Operative
The boiler holds 196 gallons of water. As I said earlier I love that thing don't regret that purchase one bit.

I do have the log cradle. It was on it but I took it off for now. The bolts on it were a little to long and they were nicking the wedge when it went past. It also seemed like it was more in the way because I was splitting 4' round hard maple the first time I used it.

After what I have seen in local adds I think I did real good for $1200....

Latest posts