advancing the line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt5000

Reaction score
Unless advancing the tip directly overhead, it is difficult to get the lead end of a new line back to the climber after it is thrown over a distant branch. Does anyone know of a light-weight telescoping hook (like a light-guage boat hook) that can be used to reach out and grab the line? Or is there some other method to retrieve the line? Thanks.

sherril sells a small metal(conductive) telescoping rope hook. most people just use a jameson pole. if you dont have them allready get them. they are a real energy saver. keep you from having to move around so much to get deadwood. I sell alot of trees that people just want the deadwood out. 2-4 jamesons will normally do the trick from the ground around here.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Unless advancing the tip directly overhead, it is difficult to get the lead end of a new line back to the climber after it is thrown over a distant branch. Does anyone know of a light-weight telescoping hook (like a light-guage boat hook) that can be used to reach out and grab the line? Or is there some other method to retrieve the line? Thanks.
sounds like your doing pruning work. the tella-hook will work but a nice polesaw can do that and much more.

i think this may help i carry a 10oz harrison rocket throwbag on a small carrabina on my harness, i clip this to my climbing line, and then throw it( kinda like my throwline)
the weight on the end of my line allows me to manipulate it in the tree, to were i want it.

hope it helps

i think this may help i carry a 10oz harrison rocket throwbag ...
the weight on the end of my line allows me to manipulate it in the tree, to were i want it.
I do this too; often works well but it can still be hard to get. Poles tools are great, but if the pole telescopes it is more useful.

Latest posts

Back