Advertising Tree Business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what-a-stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thus far all my advertising has been word of mouth and it's kept me fairly busy, but that time of year is coming were homeowners start to take a look at their yards for improvement and I would really like to get my name out there this year, any recommendations for advertising?

Make sure you do good work and look profesh. Word of mouth is the best kind of advertisement. Avoiding lawn damage is a good way to make a HO very happy.

But what they said of course too. Digital media is the new wave, don't get left behind.

Also, if you use internet marketing make sure that the company u r using is a REAL company and not a scam. I have five to ten calls a week from internet scammers trying to get my credit card # to "advertise" my company on the internet.

Getting More Business

Do you have clients with 'IAP's' on there properties? IAP's being alien / invader plants not native to your country,
Here where i am in South Africa, IAP's are categorized into cats 1,2 and 3 it is illegal to have, own, propogate any cat 1 IAP, and they must be removed / eradicated immediately by law, so i get quite a bit of extra work this way, we have many eucalyptus species some going as tall as 50 - 60 meters, many Australian Acacias (Wattle and Blackwood) and many from central / South America like Jacaranda and all the Pinus varieties.
Find out what prohibited tree and shrub species you have where you are, learn the names and origins and destructiveness of these plants and educate your clients. Also advertise that you remove alien / invader trees. We have 198 IAP species in South Africa. It is also a conservation effort on your behalf.
All the best and good luck.
Rob

I advertiesed in the phone book this year, and my phones been ringing off the hook. Too late to advertise in the printed book, but you could advertise on yellow pages. Alot of people use there app for there smart phones or online. I am gonna try some radio ads this year.

Advertising

Thus far all my advertising has been word of mouth and it's kept me fairly busy, but that time of year is coming were homeowners start to take a look at their yards for improvement and I would really like to get my name out there this year, any recommendations for advertising?

I advertise in the local paper for about $380.00/yr , I'm the only one in there! Also online on a search engine I pay $30.00/month, I have a free ad in Kijiji online.
I get referrals mostly from satisfied custies and then the paper, in that order.:msp_smile:

I advertise in the local paper for about $380.00/yr , I'm the only one in there! Also online on a search engine I pay $30.00/month, I have a free ad in Kijiji online.
I get referrals mostly from satisfied custies and then the paper, in that order.:msp_smile:
Wow $380 is a deal, the local paper here wants $109 a WEEK!

I advertise both with a website and with yellow pages along with,I can tell you from my expierience that yellow pages is far better,I receive between 30 - 40 calls per day from yellow pages and word of mouth,from my website I receive about 2 e- mails a week if I am lucky,my website is also with in the top five places for all the areas that I work.Yellow pages is expensive but without it, I think I would just be a guy with a chainsaw and a truck and probably a full time job elsewhere

Back