Advice needed.. Swisher logsplitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I put a new valve on my splitter, but I hooked it up backwards. ie. when I pull the handle the ram goes forward, when I push it forward it retracts. Can I switch the lines that go to the pump and the line that goes to the filter intstead of completely removing the valve and reinstalling it the correct way. It is suppose to stay in retract mode when the lever is fully pulled which it does but it is going forward like you are splitting a log. This I feel is dangerous. Can someone shed light on this or does someone have a routing schmatic they can post up? I will remove the valve and re install if I have to, I was just trying to figure a simpler way for accomplishing this.

Thanks Steve.

You don't need to switch the pump and suction hoses. Just swap the hoses that run to the cylinder around and it will do what you want.

swisher splitter

SmokinDodge said:
You don't need to switch the pump and suction hoses. Just swap the hoses that run to the cylinder around and it will do what you want.

My swisher has a hard line tube that runs from the cylinder into the valve, The other end of the ram just has a threaded nipple that the cylinder screws onto this holds the vave in a rigid position I would do exactily that but its not possible form the way it is designed.

?

What was the reason for replacing the old valve?

Is the new valve an exact replacement for the old one or is it a generic "will fit" valve?

swisher log splitter

SmokinDodge said:
?

What was the reason for replacing the old valve?

Is the new valve an exact replacement for the old one or is it a generic "will fit" valve?

The old valve had a rough spot in it and it tore the o ring in the end oposite the operating handle. It was squirting fluid everywhere. It is an exact replacement. Just an installation oversight on my part.

Back