Advice on this removal/cleanup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...finally heard back from them. They had hired someone as soon as it was down (happened a few months ago) and they are allegedly going to do it this winter. Going to try and get on their contractor list for future work

Sounds fishy, like the guy they hired underbid it and won't really be doing it. A tree in a spot like that will need to be taken a lot sooner than that. You will probably get the job if you are persistent and want it. $2k should be fine and give you some wiggle room if it takes longer than you think.

Sounds fishy, like the guy they hired underbid it and won't really be doing it. A tree in a spot like that will need to be taken a lot sooner than that. You will probably get the job if you are persistent and want it. $2k should be fine and give you some wiggle room if it takes longer than you think.
I dare say he will never get it for 2k, but I agree it sounds like something funny is going on with it.
I don't know the market where he is, but this is how things are usually done wherever I've been; you get it done right, you get it done now, you get it done cheap, pick any 2 of those. Since they have proven they don't care about getting it done now, and they have other tree stumps throughout the association, I'm guessing they are very cheap. I know I'm making a bunch of assumptions, but I'm calling it how I see it.
The exceptions to what I've what I've stated above would be if the guy that has "won the contract" is a relative of someone or is doing some favor for the job or something on those lines, or the HOA is very slow making decisions.

Latest posts

Back