Advise on nice 70 + CC Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already having 50cc saw the best thing you can do is combine it with a 70cc saw. The 441, 460, 372xp and the 7900 are all great saws. I would try to get each saw in my hands to see which feels the best to you. And you can't go wrong with heated handle bars either if your spending any time in the cold.

Take the afternoon and drive on up to The Cutting Edge and try out a 7900.
It will out cut a 460 and you will spend less money.
Cuttinscott is a sponser on here and is a good dealer.

Take the afternoon and drive on up to The Cutting Edge and try out a 7900.
It will out cut a 460 and you will spend less money.
Cuttinscott is a sponser on here and is a good dealer.

I couldn't have said this better.
The 7900 is a great saw with a great reputation.
Cuttingscott and brother Steve are excellent people
to deal with.

Lee

I have a 7900 and it pretty much is the best bang for the buck. I tried the new Husky 372XP Xtra Torq a few weeks ago and was really impressed with it as well. Pretty easy to find a used 7900 at a reasonable price.

I'll put in another vote for the 7900. They are an awesome saw. You can't beat a 660 for logging Oak though. It's really not too bad working with one all day. I used to only have an 066 and cut lots of firewood with only that saw. You get used to the weight quickly and the trees will fall alot quicker which means more $$$.

Try to find a new 440 or clean 044 and have it built. I fall with one 90% of the time with a 28" RW bar/full skip and LOVE it. Have ran a 32" at times and she pulls it fine. Just prefer the 28" for balance.:bowdown:

The 7900 is one bad mother for a stocker, they scream when built right. The 372 will be more in the power range of the 440 but neither will get with a 7900.

A little help...:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Back