Aerial lift / forrestry bodies?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I can't help but notice that at least half the bucket trucks out there for sale and what not come from Aerial Lift of Conn. Is there any reason for this in particular? Also is there any particular favorite company to use for forrestry bodies / crane bodies and why?

Me thinks my bucket and body were 1971 vintage on a 1981 International Farm-All. It was an Asplundh L-45 with a built-in hydraulic drum chipper and dumping chip body with lots of storage for oily saws and long-handled tools. The truck was diesel, and the boom also ran off a pto. I had a winch on the front for various uses, and it worked well.

I can not think of other features that truck needed, other than a tad more reach and a tad more chip capacity, and the bucket on the other side of the boom like the LR - IIIs. The truck was geared low for tight-quarter work, and .... it made me a lot of money.

This truck was built by Allan Fyfe Equipment in Toronto, an outfit that still puts lifts together for utilities and tree guys.

I thjink it is that they are the biggest company in your area. More of a regional thing then anything else.

We have two rebuilders in our area and a Ducco branch.

Its not just a regional thing. I live in Florida and all three of my bucket trucks have been from Aerial Lift of CT. I've compared price, reputation, service, and parts availability and they are by far the best. They have a mobile service crew that comes by once a year to do a complete inspection. Parts and service departments are extremely knowledgable and helpful. I wouldn't buy anything else. By the way, I'm selling one if you're looking. Check this out: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=1827

For forestry bodies/cranes, I'd go to Southco Industries in Shelby, NC. http://www.southcoindustries.com/Home.asp

Yeah, southco definatley has some nice bodies, and the prices are great too. A truck like they sell would go for at least 50K up here. Down there its just shy of 40K. Can't beat that.

I have a 70' WH Hi-Ranger with a 14' utility body on it.I always get other tree guys telling me that I should cut the box of and flat bed it.I love the utility box!I've got a lot of tools stored on it. I had an old forestry unit that didn't have much tool capacity(2-30" underbody boxes) and we were always getting to the job and realizing something was back at the shop.My truck has a rear mount winch with a disengagable capstan hub that is very handy.I'd like to remount the old girl on a newer horse this winter.The tower is a 1975 vintage.

Latest posts

Back