After market bearings for Makita/Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bearing from repairclinic picture says SKF

Measure it! Inner bore outer bore and width

SKF 6201 or 6203 most probably....

For instance GOOGLE SKF 6201 dimensions in mm/inches.... Dont know wich "calipers" you have

Seals can fit differently from model to model application, some seals fit inside the bearing shells while others fit in the crankcase bores or pockets the bearing fits in so its a saw model by model fit up. On the propitiatory bearings its OEM or possibly a China aftermarket replacement. We are still waiting to see pics of your saw and bearings to determine how they fit your application. I have not worked on a 420 but have worked over hundreds of saws with many differing bearing and seal installs.

Attachments

• 86DAFD70-B60C-46F6-83C4-2B589E776DD7.jpeg
    86DAFD70-B60C-46F6-83C4-2B589E776DD7.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
Now he is calculating....from inches into milimeters....and back to inches :D

We have to wait for a while....
I just went and looked this saw `s IPL up and it is a split mag case saw, not a clammy but the bearings come with seals within them, they are NLA so no use looking for them from a bearing house as they will not have the recess for setting the seals into them.

chainsaw-dolmar-ps-420-sc.jpg

So lets assume you have 6201 bearing.... Its measures are

12x32x10 (milimeters)

According to your picture you need seal in these dimensions

18x32xA......A should be measured by you....

First number here for your seal could be anything between 12-18...it doesnt matter ;)

Difference between d and d1

6201: https://www.skf.com/id/products/rol...ings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/productid-6201
Those are the measurements I got: 32x12x10. Will measure the seal when I return to town. Thanks

So, the ball bearing manufacturers don’t make or carry the seals I need? The Replies I have received have included links to ball bearings but not seals. I would think if anyone is making seals it’s for specific bearings and they would tell you.
I just went and looked this saw `s IPL up and it is a split mag case saw, not a clammy but the bearings come with seals within them, they are NLA so no use looking for them from a bearing house as they will not have the recess for setting the seals into them.
So, I need to find another chainsaw that uses the same bearings and seals?

So, the ball bearing manufacturers don’t make or carry the seals I need? The Replies I have received have included links to ball bearings but not seals. I would think if anyone is making seals it’s for specific bearings and they would tell you.

So, I need to find another chainsaw that uses the same bearings and seals?
There could still be some dealers out there that stocked parts, they might have them in their old stock. We often find ,NOS , parts for many saws much older than your Dolmar. Those NOS parts come from older stocking dealers inventory, the suppliers warehouses soon run out of parts when a manufacturer stops making that particular saw but certain dealers, bigger outfits often had a lot of parts in inventory, that`s where you will likely find what you are looking for.

There could still be some dealers out there that stocked parts, they might have them in their old stock. We often find ,NOS , parts for many saws much older than your Dolmar. Those NOS parts come from older stocking dealers inventory, the suppliers warehouses soon run out of parts when a manufacturer stops making that particular saw but certain dealers, bigger outfits often had a lot of parts in inventory, that`s where you will likely find what you are looking for.
Good luck. There simply are not that many Dolmar dealers out there and even less that actually stocked parts.
When the 7900 first came out I enthusiastically bought one. When it got enough time on it to start needing parts the fun begin. Everything was always backordered. It got to the point I sold the thing and vowed never to buy another Dolmar product again. Stihl and Husky have the market locked on pro saws and for good reason.

It’s interesting that a local dealer can’t understand why I didn’t just buy a new saw and he could barely grasp that I wanted to fix it to learn about repairing saws. I mention this because if bearings and seals are rarely replaced finding anyone with them in stock might be difficult.

It’s interesting that a local dealer can’t understand why I didn’t just buy a new saw and he could barely grasp that I wanted to fix it to learn about repairing saws. I mention this because if bearings and seals are rarely replaced finding anyone with them in stock might be difficult.
You’re dealing with a proprietary clutch side bearing. The fw side can probably be bought anywhere. A large bearing company isn’t going to re-tool to produce 100 bearings, given that’s all they may sell. Even with saws as popular as a Stihl 066/660, the only options are from Stihl or one Chinese plant. But again, that bearing is only found on 1 or 2 different saws. And I would wager a guess that there were 1000? 100,000 ? times more 066/660’s sold than there were Dolmar 420/EA3600’s. There just aren’t enough of those bearings needed for another plant to justify producing them

Those are the measurements I got: 32x12x10. Will measure the seal when I return to town. Thanks
So that should be 6201 bearing! 12x32x10 (inner dia, outer dia, width)

Its pretty common bearing!!!!

https://www.skf.com/id/products/rol...ings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/productid-6201
Buy it in C3 tolerance.... SKF 6201 /C3....you can buy it with closed cage and pop up those seals with stanley knife later (if warehouse doesnt have them with open cage)

Measure that "A" of your seal...so "we" can find your seals online ;)

Regarding how seal look like on pictures online

Anything in between:

12x32xA and 18x32xA (first number can be between d and d1.....look up SKF link)

I personally would choose 12x32xA (if it exsist....we dont know that yet) so that seal would help to seal around the crank also (crank is obviously dia 12mm)
Dont know why they have chosen bigger dia on OEM seals...

Back