After market bearings for Makita/Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the SKF Italy website (translated to English):

To order, please contact your SKF Authorized Distributors, the list of which is available here.

I got the bearings but without seals! Apparently it’s no longer one part number for both. I called back and they’re sending me the seals, from Texas.

I’m not sure if the difficulty I had finding them was a supply chain issue or the parts being discontinued. The current part number generates few google results and those are in Europe.

They sent the wrong seals again! I know have 2 sets of seals for saws I don’t own! The ones on top of the bags are what I need

Attachments

• A07773E1-6E03-4153-B70C-BADB35DD215A.jpeg
    A07773E1-6E03-4153-B70C-BADB35DD215A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
This is what Makita said last,

“It appears there was a substantial change to your 421 several years ago.
We need to figure a way to take care of this without having to replace the crank case halves. Won’t have a good answer for you until Monday.”

I just took the clutch off my Makita and it has the same seals as the Dolmar. If there was a change to the saw it wasn’t the seals!
I think they should just give me a new saw at this point. This is ridiculous. I’ve been trying to get these since July,

I just took the clutch off my Makita and it has the same seals as the Dolmar. If there was a change to the saw it wasn’t the seals!
I think they should just give me a new saw at this point. This is ridiculous. I’ve been trying to get these since July,
I had Two new Makita EA4300 saws last week, I do not have them this week,
this and another thread inspired me to cut my losses, I like them saws too,
perfect size, good power, I gutted both mufflers, the hassle getting parts
was the end of it for me.
Hope you eventually get sorted with all you need to repair your saw.

Update, Makita redesigned the 4300 in 2018 and no longer carry the seals. I bought my 4300 in 2021 and it has a 2017 date of manufacture!!
I have contacted the better business bureau after Makita said my only option was to buy a new $200 case! I wonder if the bearings I bought and the gaskets would even fit.
Isn’t it a bad idea to put used parts like pistons and rings in a new case?

Back