after market cylinder on husky 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natefromtd

Reaction score
I recently purchased a husky 288xp for $200 with a 32inch bar the saw was ugly but it fired up and I was able to cut a little fire wood after grinding the chain and tightening few things up. but it just didn't seem to have the power, so I puchese a new cylinder and piston on e bay from little red barn my question to anyone who has used this kit was is it normal for the bolt holes to mount the carburetor to be at a downward angle ? Has anyone had trouble with this? Any advice would help my mechanical abilities are only slightly better than my grammar thanks in advance

was it scored or just transfer, i would try cleaning it up with some fine grit sand paper and then check for scoring, this is where pics would be helpful.

They seem to be very deep I can't get pictures tonight and I'm not so sure I have not destroyed the original cylinder after reading to many threads on porting

The saw is old I don't know I could not see obvious reasons other than high hours and low maintenance

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I would still like to help him, hope we didn't scare him off. Op If you can post pics of everything, especially your old jug, it may not be as bad as you think.

Hey, we all do stupid stuff I'm very guilty of being a stupid newb on some things.

Back