After Market, Sprocket Cover with Brake for Husqvarna 61, Won't ,Fit/Work right ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That spring goes up into the handle as you have it pictured, and crammed up in there. The trick is to carefully put the handle on the cover so that straight down leg (the one with the loop in it) goes ahead of black metal arm tab. In your second pic, you can see that metal tab barely peeking up.
If you pull the metal band that goes around the clutch drum of the saw, it should pivot that black metal lever piece the flapper handle covers. It'll pivot toward the back. That furthest forward tab of it is what the straight leg of the spring must go ahead of. The spring goes up in the handle as it's positioned in your last (4th) pic. If the straight leg of that spring is behind the front metal tab, it'll make the brake band too tight and make the flapper arm way too close to the main saw handle.

Last edited:
That spring goes up into the handle as you have it pictured, and crammed up in there. The trick is to carefully put the handle on the cover so that straight down leg (the one with the loop in it) goes ahead of black metal arm tab. In your second pic, you can see that metal tab barely peeking up.

What he said, and you have to do all of this with the main spring having no tension on it (at least the first few times.) Once the mechanism is correct, then move the brake to the tripped position, and compress/install the spring. Everything you have there looks right, but if the end of that curly spring is pushing into the brake over-center cam, it will be a bear to release. You almost have it right, don't give up.

When you put that spring up in the handle, the upper pin (not the pivot) should be in place. That straight, with circle in midsection, leg of the spring goes ahead of that upper pin. If it's behind that pin, I'd think that would cause the handle to be tough to pull back.

I am crap at photo editing. Try this:

attachment.php

On second thought, it may be easier to just set the brake to the released (off) position and then put the flag on with the end of the spring where I showed on my diagram. It will open a gap up once you get the brake off.

I think I got the spring stuffed in the handle the right way , but didn't get flag n spring on, in right position.
Big help every one
Didn't get to fool with it today, was out on cutting site talking with owner, got a time frame to go cut tomorrow, but, "Ill be back" ! and may need your help :)

Took it apart today, now it's really screwed up, in the pic ,the stud that goes in the spring has broke right off don't know why that happened but it wasn't broke when I put the spring back last time
Are the OEM ones plastic stud also ??

Last edited:
Ya,they are plastic too.I cant figure how you could break this .

I can't ether, but it didn't work right ,in the first place, when I got ,so I'll send it back for refund, 50 bucks, it should work right when you get it.

Latest posts

Back