Aftermarket airfilters, or Stock?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone delete this thread I messed up?

actually i think it would be a interested subject so why delete it for ?

Air filters are ok to be aftermarket i prefer oregon ones though better quality in product in the aftermarket catagory

but the engine parts internally i would stick with oem air filters oil filters coils anything outside of the engine is ok aftermarket internal parts stick with oem brand name

hope this advice helps many

I ordered one of these max-flow filters for my 066 last night.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=SAF+660&catID=367

SAF_660_L.jpg

SAF_660_L1.jpg

Max-Flow air filter aftermarket system will increase you chainsaws airflow from a stock 89 CFM (cubic feet per minute) to an astounding 135 CFM. This increased airflow should give your saw an extra boost. These kits come with everything you need, including a filter cage, filter cover and two filters: One 60 pore green filter for standard conditions, and one 80 pore white filter for extremely dirty conditions. These filter systems require the use of foam filter oil, unlike the stock system. Max-Flow air filter systems are USFS approved. Fits the following chainsaws:

* Stihl 066 (After S/N 139176186), MS 640, MS 650, MS 660

No personal experience with it yet though, but I bought a parts saw that needed not only a new filter, I also needed a cover. I would have spent well over what this kit costs to buy those parts used on ebay, so it was a no brainer.

I've always like uni type foam filters for my dirt bikes, never cared for the paper/fabric type on my MS290, hard to clean very well. Foam is easy to take out and wash.

Bigger air filter shouldn't hurt either..:cheers:

air filter

ive also been thinking about this, when modding the muffler and retuning would it not be a good thing to install a higher flowing air filter?:newbie:

These aren't small block chevy's, where you get 25 more horsepower by installing headers, and 25 more horses after installing a freeflow dual exhaust... they are small hand help OPE. A muffler mod is the most basic of all performance gains... so a CLEAN stock air filter will be just fine.

Gary

I run Twin-Air filters on my bikes and use their cleaner to clean them, Maxima filter oil

I had used them all over the years (Uni, Twin-Air, etc.) and then I received a No-Toil filter kit as a prize during a poker run one time... needless to say after I used it once I was hooked. Especially the filter cleanup... It lives up to it's name "No-Toil"...

Gary

Other than Gary, I don't see many opinions. I would assume this means the majority doesn't run after-market filters. I've found the best way to keep a filter clean, OEM or not, is to keep my chain sharp.

I service a lot of saws, and rarely see anything other than oem. The few aftermarket I see are usually ex-craigslist purchases and are in for new filter boxes and conversion back to oem.. The aftermarket filter covers are junk and break off easily. Most of my pro customers are tree services, not production loggers.

There are none better for the 260. The Stens aftermarket is just a really crappy copy that doesn't work - the choke won't seat).

Replace your black knob.. $3-4..

Latest posts

Back