Aftermarket stihl 044 cylinder kit pictures (meteor)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have an 044 that has so many hours that the nicasil is gone from the cylinder. I have a good used crank from another saw but I still need a cylinder. I am considering a raisman cylinder kit. Has anyone used one of these kits? Is it a good kit? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joab

I'll think of something.
I put a Raisman kit on my Stihl 029 - It was an 039/390 kit. I don't think it's up to Mahle standards, but I didn't see anything to complain about either. It's been about a year and no issues so far. That said, I have no experience with the Raisman 044 kit specifically.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
What the heck is your issue? I have no idea who you are even!

It was a legit question, i am interested in ported cylinders. Again, what other site?

I found the post he was referencing, it on the outdoor power equipment site. I am not paying $200 for a cylinder and piston. I was considering the raisman kit because it's only $50

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I put a Raisman kit on my Stihl 029 - It was an 039/390 kit. I don't think it's up to Mahle standards, but I didn't see anything to complain about either. It's been about a year and no issues so far. That said, I have no experience with the Raisman 044 kit specifically.

Did you have to do any grinding on the ports or did everything look good as is.

Joab

I'll think of something.
Everything was good as-is. I was only concerned about casting roughness or deformities -- I never did any close look at whether the overall openings were a different sizes -- but there couldn't have been much difference or I would have been prompted to look. I think the hole drilled for the ground screw was over sized compared to oem -- that's a common complaint on 039 kits from various sources and I don't know if you'd have the same on an 044 kit.

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Everything was good as-is. I was only concerned about casting roughness or deformities -- I never did any close look at whether the overall openings were a different sizes -- but there couldn't have been much difference or I would have been prompted to look. I think the hole drilled for the ground screw was over sized compared to oem -- that's a common complaint on 039 kits from various sources and I don't know if you'd have the same on an 044 kit.

Thanks for the information. that's the information I was looking for. I still have to make sure my crank is a 12mm pin version.

Joab

I'll think of something.
You're welcome. I'm sure there are some better kits out there if you've got extra money to spend, but when I did mine I just wanted to get myself up and reliably running on a minimal budget. I hope you have a similarly good experience.

I almost forgot to mention -- I did pick up the oem Stihl circlips and reused the oem pin -- there wasn't anything wrong with the one in the kit, but I find the oem clips much easier to work without special tools (and the oem pin mated better with the oem clips). I also bought Caber rings - theoretically they give better compression and it's a cheap upgrade.

Joab

I'll think of something.
Here I was trying to be helpful! Geez. There's always that guy who sees your new truck and runs out to buy a bigger truck with more chrome. ;)

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here I was trying to be helpful! Geez. There's always that guy who sees your new truck and runs out to buy a bigger truck with more chrome. ;)

I might should have gone with the raisman but I had the coupon and decided to pull the trigger because they'd be close in price by the time I bought caber rings. I may try a raisman next. I had heard good things about meteor so I decided to try that.

Joab

I'll think of something.
Just giving you a hard time. I have heard Meteor kits are better. An 044 is an entirely superior saw to an 029 -- so going with a better grade kit is a good investment. And the Meteor kits include Caber rings. Solid choice.

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I gotcha, lol. I have heard good things about them. I will keep raisman in mind for other projects. I fix up old saws and sell them but I end up keeping more than I sell so I guess I call myself a collector now.

Latest posts