Ahem...mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you think?

• right on Sanborn, I'm tired of the BS

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Well it is getting worse, but not as bad as it has been

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • What nastyness? Go away and let us have our fun!

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Ok, I was a bad boy, and I'll try to be better.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Fun Being Naughty

Without the threat of being nabbed it wont seem like near as much fun. And whose job is it gonna be to take the garbage out. Bet you get tired of the so called freedom pretty quick.

Frank

Let me get this straight.

Some guys here on AS are willing to pay so they can communicate w/cuss words?

I must be from the old school. Sure, I am like just about eveyone else here...I do use the words frequently...never in writing.

I am reminded of what my parents use to tell me...In general, people who communicate with 4 letter words use them in place of adjectives/good proper grammar. In fact, everytime I use a 4 letter word anymore I realize I should be ashamed of the fact that I could not have thought of a better way to phrase what I was trying to say.

I agree, it is not professional, and may even rate immature.

I didn't interpret this as a forum where you can cuss-sorry not interested in that. My understanding was that it would be private and unmoderated so that If we make utter fools of ourselves we won't embar??? the sponsors or the entire industry.

Exactly, it does not have to be a wild free for all forum and there should still be certain rules to follow, more like a restricted forum hidden from the impressionable eyes of young people and a place to blow off steam. Really it’s a way to improve the professionalism of the overall website.

Well said Menchhofer.

If we cannot communicate via the means we have, including email and chat...well...then what good is communicating through another avenue?? Not that I don't enjoy a good potty mouth conversation...but I can see it leading to bad things when left in an open forum.

That's the reason for it being "member sponsored/members only.

Then they can call each other whatever names they please.

A/S should still reserve the right to delete, eg- comments about specific companies...Flames that won't stop....

You have a good point, Dennis. It would just be kinda neat to have a private spot were we didn't have to talk as if we were talking to a client. And that don't mean spewing off unnecessary adjectives, just a "chill zone'.

Hey, thereyago!

The "ChillZone"

Or not, eh? :D

Butch, I hear ya...the dealers have one as well...but what I forsee happening, is unextinguished flames leading to spot fires on open forum....and I really don't know that we need to fuel any fires already present.

We have places to chill...parachat, pm, email....

this is only my opinion as a moderator....

I think most understand the message put forward already to clean up ones posts. However if a member sponsored forum does become reality it cannot be thought of as a right to go completely nuts, Denis still needs to reserve the right to remove offenders even if they did pay. I also feel more effort should be put forth to monitor those posting with multiple user names ;) ;)

unmoderated

I've been posting for more than a decade on the internet and when a site goes from moderated to unmoderated they die from flame wars and all is lost in the flames. I'm with Dennis on the need for a moderator. If they want to pay to talk dirty, charge em like the 1-900-number and they pay by the minute. If I were a meteorologist with an MD. I'd say the the guys who want the pay site to talk dirty are suffering from a cranial, rectal inversion and need to get their head out of there before they sufficate. If you can't say what you want to say without the cussing you need to take it somewhere else. An Arborist site is about four letter words like tree, saws, cuts, rope and what knot. It's not about cussing to emphisize your point. Old school maybe but if you want to learn you go to school and most who come here want to learn about trees, climbing, knots, cuts and saws.

Last edited:
Re: unmoderated

Originally posted by geofore
Old school maybe but if you want to learn you go to school and most who come here want to learn about trees, climbing, knots, cuts and saws.

Yeah. Your right.

This should strictly be a 'training site'.

Screw all the climbers that occasionally like to talk to other climbers about whatnot, with sometimes a little colorful exchange of vernacular.

I'm glad your not a metorologist, Geofore. We'd all be wet.:(

Thanks for the heads up MB, I got it edited so no one will know I can't spell.

I can see more what you guys are looking for as I sit here longer, but it just seems more and more like you already have it. I really didn't want a potty mouth forum where you can rip people and for what I can see you don't either. The feedback is interesting, let see it continue to come.

Darin, I don't think the Private Forum(ChillZone?:D ) should be a hangout for people who can only talk with four letter words. Should the CZ come to be, I have no plans to use them.

I think it should be a place where we can talk about what we want to without fear of offending sponsers, or misdirecting newbies

Sorta an 'off-off topic' forum. It should probably be a sub-forum of the Off Topic forum, maybe.

Hey, if it don't work out it can always be shut down.

Eh? :cool:

Take off you hoser EH! You can’t name the BLUE forum the chill zone
Beauty EH?
blue.gif

After reading all this, my concern is a new forum will take away productive time from the climbing form, A person only has so much time to spend on line........if you have a job.
I'm not one of the heavy-wieghts on this form and dont want to be so my oppinion should be towards the bottom of the pile when considering a new forum.

I just dont want the climbing forum to start bleeding because you would rather be entertained by flame wars and pissing contests. Lets get real................when the dust settles........thats all it would be, its only a matter of time.

Lets continue to improve the image of tree service people and not go the other way.

This is a professional Arborist site. Lets keep it that way guys.

I like the way things are now.

just my .02

;)

Latest posts

Back