Ain't it cute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at the Echo 271. Maybe just me but seems heavier than my 150. Hard to say without them side by side.
We might just have to do a comparison between the three.

Brad can you get a deal on the Echo? I could get the little Makita coming so we could do a side by side.

Postage for spurs - I reckon for one it could go in a padded envolope for AU$6.45, Or could squeeze a few into a bigger one for AU$14.10. These aren't tracked, that's extra...

I intend to find out, just haven't gotten around to it.
I gotcha covered Brad
7d31b458a24c55e6beae7e83c1fe48ed.jpg

Well paypal gift or non gift + 3% is fine. How many people want them first? Then I'll do the order, they'l have to come in... Aussie dollar is worth US$0.93 right now so makes it a bit better. I hope I'm right on the postage, that's what the australia post website says

So looks like 50 bucks going the gift route, Hmmmm. Not too bad, but is 3/8 picco that much better, if at all??? Prolly need yer paypal info, harrygrey382!!!
Wait a few days to see how many you need.

Thanks a bunch,

Pete.

So a little update on my experience with my 150.
Overall I like the saw. It's obviously light and has decent power especially for it's size, a huge plus when hanging by a rope. Always starts 3-4 pulls when cold but is a bit cold blooded, a glitch in the carberation that I haven't quite figured out yet. Richer settings only seem to cause other issues like loading up at idle and too much fuel ie loss of rpm on the high side. Warm starts are always one pull.
The positioning of the drive sprocket being back so far tends to cause it to fill the side cover with chips when cutting soft woods like pine, basswood, poplar, etc to the point it can completely bind things up and stop the chain. Diligent cleaning helps but doesn't eliminate the problem.
I really wanted to try the Lp setup but wonder if it would only compound the jamming issues with the larger chips.
One other thing I noticed that isn't really an issue but rather annoying just the same is the oiler seems to not be automatic. Meaning it's still pumping when the saw is running but the chain isn't moving. Make a cut, let idle for a few seconds, hit the throttle and it slings bar oil off the chain. When your up in a tree and this happens you inevitably get some on your safety glasses and without a good way to clean them up in the tree is a pita.
Definitely not getting rid of this saw. I would really like to get the carb figured out tho.
Any of guys have any input? It would be great to hear your experiences.

You could probably get one shipped, l cannot see why not. They really are a good little saw and the only saw l have EVER owned that will start with one pull. They use the same bar mount as the ms200/201t so you can use the stihl light wieght bars on them to keep things super light. l have a 10" stihl light bar and its a great setup. Since owning this saw l rarely use my 200t. The 200t has heaps more power but is also double the wieght and bigger. The only mods l have done is add some filter foam to the air filter and install a spring loaded on off switch so when you turn it off you just pull the cord to restart...oposed to switching it on first. Super reliable little saws. l saw one on gumtree a few weeks ago for $250 new in box and thought about buying it. l will keep my eyes peeled for another and maybe l could help someone out. lts just not the best value for someone in the US to pay our prices and frieght...it may be more than a ms261! lol

If you find one for a good price let me know. I'd love to try one of these out.
Also planning to pick up the little Echo too.

So a little update on my experience with my 150.
Overall I like the saw. It's obviously light and has decent power especially for it's size, a huge plus when hanging by a rope. Always starts 3-4 pulls when cold but is a bit cold blooded, a glitch in the carberation that I haven't quite figured out yet. Richer settings only seem to cause other issues like loading up at idle and too much fuel ie loss of rpm on the high side. Warm starts are always one pull.
The positioning of the drive sprocket being back so far tends to cause it to fill the side cover with chips when cutting soft woods like pine, basswood, poplar, etc to the point it can completely bind things up and stop the chain. Diligent cleaning helps but doesn't eliminate the problem.
I really wanted to try the Lp setup but wonder if it would only compound the jamming issues with the larger chips.
One other thing I noticed that isn't really an issue but rather annoying just the same is the oiler seems to not be automatic. Meaning it's still pumping when the saw is running but the chain isn't moving. Make a cut, let idle for a few seconds, hit the throttle and it slings bar oil off the chain. When your up in a tree and this happens you inevitably get some on your safety glasses and without a good way to clean them up in the tree is a pita.
Definitely not getting rid of this saw. I would really like to get the carb figured out tho.
Any of guys have any input? It would be great to hear your experiences.
That's my only complaint is I just can't get it tuned perfect. .. the loading up really stinks if you leave it clipped to your saddle and are repositioning for your next cut.

I got mine (150) for slightly less but that was almost a year ago now.

I will be picking up my Echo 271t tomorrow.
I would really like to get ahold of a little Makita/Dolmar if someone from across the pond could hook me up.

Back