Ain't it cute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new shindaiwa 25cc top handle looks pretty nice. l want one!! As in most cases, chain plays a BIG role in how these lil saws perform. l use my Makita 231t and MS150 more than my MS200t or 201T. Would love to see Brad review the new little shin!
Can you get them here ? Haven't found one yet. But haven't looked that hard either. The makita I can get 5 mins down the road. [emoji106]

Sent from my iStihl.

from what i have found out she is an expensive little critter. 76680 yen = $623 US or $853 AUS. and only available in Japan.

edit: found this.. close but no cigar
http://allpower.com.au/product/shindaiwa-280ts-top-handle-chainsaw/
and this is "new" and bigger
http://allpower.com.au/product/shindaiwa-360ts-top-handle-chainsaw/

These two saws look nearly identical to me other than colors.

Seen a few vids and not impressed with it. The vid on this forum won't play. I think il go with the 150t I have used them. Not even 10 tanks through the saw with my name on it but the bosses saw is sure waking up nice

Seen a few vids and not impressed with it. The vid on this forum won't play. I think il go with the 150t I have used them. Not even 10 tanks through the saw with my name on it but the bosses saw is sure waking up nice

Do you have any trouble with the delivery of bar oil to the chain in the 150. Mine seldom runs a tank of fuel without the oil port in the bar clogging with saw dust. I have angle drilled the hole and thinned the oil with 10% mineral spirits with only slight improvement.

Do you have any trouble with the delivery of bar oil to the chain in the 150. Mine seldom runs a tank of fuel without the oil port in the bar clogging with saw dust. I have angle drilled the hole and thinned the oil with 10% mineral spirits with only slight improvement.
Mine works fine, 1 tank gas to 1 tank oil

Mine does not burn a whole tank of oil to a tank of gas, it does get clogged after an hour of use but I'm fine with it, it's the saw that keeps on giving...

Mine clogged to the point of total stoppage about a dozen times in the first 5 tanks of fuel, a little better since the drilling and thinning of the oil. I talked with one gentleman who could only use his with canola oil and one who replaced the oil pump and a few who have had no trouble at all. The big differences make no sense to me. Running it without the bar it has a decent slobber of oil coming from the pump and one or two times I got through a tank of fuel and the oil tank was almost empty. I guess I can continue with enlarging the port in the bar. I don't know if it will help or hurt but the saw is useless to me as it is.

Mine clogged to the point of total stoppage about a dozen times in the first 5 tanks of fuel, a little better since the drilling and thinning of the oil. I talked with one gentleman who could only use his with canola oil and one who replaced the oil pump and a few who have had no trouble at all. The big differences make no sense to me. Running it without the bar it has a decent slobber of oil coming from the pump and one or two times I got through a tank of fuel and the oil tank was almost empty. I guess I can continue with enlarging the port in the bar. I don't know if it will help or hurt but the saw is useless to me as it is.
1/4 .043???

I don't know, I haven't ever drilled a bar out, I'm on my 4th bar I believe I've just dealt with it clogging... it's actually much much worse on my ht70 pole saw, it runs a 12" 3/8 picco .043... I would have tried that combo but for me the 3/8 .043 bar on the pole saw clogs up alot faster...

I have similar oiling troubles and clogging with my MS150r-handle. It is setup with 12"bar & 1/4" chain. I have a 10" light bar in 3/8 043 or a 12" light bar in 3/8 050 that I will try when I get a 3/8 sprocket kit. But I am experiencing the problems mentioned above. The oiler gets blocked way to easily. I have other top handles I use but want to get this little 150 running like it should.

I have been hesitant to continue with larger holes thinking the tiny chain will always make tiny chips and a larger hole will just catch more of them. I sure would like to know why some people have no problems at all with clogged oiling. Maybe the pump is stronger on some but I have never heard of a way to test it.

My 150 just sits. I think I have only ran 7 tanks of fuel through it in the year since I bought it new. I have been looking for a solution and perhaps Stihl is suggesting one by now offering a different bar/chain. CR888, I am extremely interested in your review of the 3/8 050 whenever you get a chance to try it.

Pro94lt, I feel for you man, having another saw(pole saw) with the same issues. I have 3 other Stihl saws that I like a lot and oil flawlessly, and a trimmer and blower that also do a fine job. If this 150 was my first Stihl product I would have never bought another one.

Well I live in mn and it's cold up here. Haven't had a problem with the oil and we don't even have the winter oil. In this cold I don't even shut the saw down and use em to help warm up the fingers with what Lil heat it does kick out. This spring I hope to buy 1 for myself to mod out and use it along with my 360t. I really love the 1/4" chain that leaves no mess with wood chip and get into tight place's where a handsaw can struggle. The 150t in my opinion is a bad ass Lil saw stock. It's a silky with a chain. Balance is nice, don't throw you around while limb walking. And they will cut 10 inch locust if you let it. But the small work is where it shines.
Big isn't always better.

Back