Ain't it cute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picco had always been available on the 150 in Australia. I'm not sure about anywhere else. The spur was not available in the U.S. Maybe it is now. Most that I know using the 150 love the 1/4" chain. It's smooth as butter and cuts very well. The saw will run both well.
Yeah the 1/4" also has a roller nose bar with a small tiptoe get into tight spots. My 360t is a 3/8 lopro .050 with the 200t bar on it and it won't fit where stock stihl 150t bar will. Make 1 cut in a 10 inch log with the 1/4 and 3/8 chain and there is a considerable difference in the mess to be cleaned up

Does the saw dust come up on the chain and pushed down into the oiler hole? I'm guessing that's how it clogs it. so could you grind the tail of the bar or look to modify the clutch cover? I haven't looked to see if it might help...

Does the saw dust come up on the chain and pushed down into the oiler hole? I'm guessing that's how it clogs it. so could you grind the tail of the bar or look to modify the clutch cover? I haven't looked to see if it might help...
I have just run. Don't take much oil to lube the stock bar n chain.. maybe the oil filter is getting plugged up.

I talked once to a guy on AS that was selling his 150 because he had already replaced it with a little Echo top handle. His main complaint with the 150 was the packing of saw dust under the highly restrictive clutch cover. It would pack so tight it would slow the chain. His new Echo did much better. Mine does not pack like that but an unusually high amount of saw dust is carried through the clutch cover and discharges at the front of the saw instead of the rear, beneath the muffler. You might be on to something there but I must wonder again why the difference from one 150 to another. At this point we might also be getting close to comparing how well we sharpen our chains. That is a variable. I have no complaints with the little saw's cutting ability and throwing nice sized chips but when it clogs I mean 100%. The chain goes completely dry and tightens to the point it will not move. I really want to get this 150 going and I wouldn't hesitate to muffler mod and advance the timing if the oiling issue was solved but I am noticing the Echos a lot more these days. The good thing is I do not use saws to make a living but I really did not buy this one to be a project.

I talked once to a guy on AS that was selling his 150 because he had already replaced it with a little Echo top handle. His main complaint with the 150 was the packing of saw dust under the highly restrictive clutch cover. It would pack so tight it would slow the chain. His new Echo did much better. Mine does not pack like that but an unusually high amount of saw dust is carried through the clutch cover and discharges at the front of the saw instead of the rear, beneath the muffler. You might be on to something there but I must wonder again why the difference from one 150 to another. At this point we might also be getting close to comparing how well we sharpen our chains. That is a variable. I have no complaints with the little saw's cutting ability and throwing nice sized chips but when it clogs I mean 100%. The chain goes completely dry and tightens to the point it will not move. I really want to get this 150 going and I wouldn't hesitate to muffler mod and advance the timing if the oiling issue was solved but I am noticing the Echos a lot more these days. The good thing is I do not use saws to make a living but I really did not buy this one to be a project.
Well if you ever want to part with it in spring I may be interested

I just had another one of these arrive yesterday. Got it cheap at auction. Never had fuel in it. Sadly you American friends can't buy these due to EPA.1481928822480.jpgWhen I first got one of these 3+ years ago, the MS150t had not been released & this saw was advertised as the lightest gas saw sold on earth. Things have changed a little now with some awesome other new Jap models such as the echo CS-2511 & the new 25cc class Shindaiwa. BTW the Makita above is made by Yamabiko corp Japan. The 231t 3+ years ago virtually stopped me over night using my 200t. It over 2lb's lighter.

I've got a little 271t echo, it's a good saw
I just had another one of these arrive yesterday. Got it cheap at auction. Never had fuel in it. Sadly you American friends can't buy these due to EPA.View attachment 543982When I first got one of these 3+ years ago, the MS150t had not been released & this saw was advertised as the lightest gas saw sold on earth. Things have changed a little now with some awesome other new Jap models such as the echo CS-2511 & the new 25cc class Shindaiwa. BTW the Makita above is made by Yamabiko corp Japan. The 231t 3+ years ago virtually stopped me over night using my 200t. It over 2lb's lighter.
Can you get the 271t?

I just had another one of these arrive yesterday. Got it cheap at auction. Never had fuel in it. Sadly you American friends can't buy these due to EPA.View attachment 543982When I first got one of these 3+ years ago, the MS150t had not been released & this saw was advertised as the lightest gas saw sold on earth. Things have changed a little now with some awesome other new Jap models such as the echo CS-2511 & the new 25cc class Shindaiwa. BTW the Makita above is made by Yamabiko corp Japan. The 231t 3+ years ago virtually stopped me over night using my 200t. It over 2lb's lighter.
I was gunna say looks like a echo now you said it it is. Light is shure nice huh

Last week I sent 2 emails to the Stihl web site and they have forwarded my 150 problem to the largest Stihl US distributor (Bryan Equipment) for an answer. I am waiting for a reply. We'll see.

brad...Hey sorry, I had to post this here but I tried to call you and I can't get a hold of you, and you didn't respond to my text. I found the information that you asked me about.... It's called pruritus anusitis, in other words itching anal - it's quite common and is not dangerous. It can happen if you don't wipe your butt properly. It can also be a sign of hemorrhoids in or near your butt hole, I still recommend you keep that doctor appointment. Wash it and keep it really clean and also wash your hands before you scratch, that way you don't get pink eye like you did last time. If kept clean, the anal odor should be bearable, although you may want to keep spray in your car. I hope my answer helped you.

brad...Hey sorry, I had to post this here but I tried to call you and I can't get a hold of you, and you didn't respond to my text. I found the information that you asked me about.... It's called pruritus anusitis, in other words itching anal - it's quite common and is not dangerous. It can happen if you don't wipe your butt properly. It can also be a sign of hemorrhoids in or near your butt hole, I still recommend you keep that doctor appointment. Wash it and keep it really clean and also wash your hands before you scratch, that way you don't get pink eye like you did last time. If kept clean, the anal odor should be bearable, although you may want to keep spray in your car. I hope my answer helped you.

Awkward......

That's the same as the Dolmar PS-222-THC we get here in Europe.
It's a very nice saw, especially now that Yamabiko has already announced a 7.8% price increase for the Echo CS2511/Shindaiwa 251 for 2017. Thank God for that inflation that doesn't exist...

Yikes!

It's always nice when people share their personal experiences.

ha ha ha now that funny right there.
there's been a bit of an order around here for awhile now. I think your part of it.
If there's been any order around here it's unlikely due to me as my shop would attest - disorder is more my thing. But occasionally a foul oder does waft over from sites unknown.

Back