Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure don't care, as I have to crank with the left hand anyway......

:ices_rofl:

Hey Sawtroll, did cut some firewood today. Just thought you might like the work crew ;) . They performed well.

The MS200 did all the cutting (yes... it were a few 12" pine trees located between two houses and had to bring it down in pieces, working on a ladder :stupid: )

attachment.php

OK now, I'll let you boys continue the usual bashing programm :dizzy: :dizzy:

I bet you cuddle up and sleep with your 441, don't you? :hmm3grin2orange:

Naaaaaaaaaaaa, the ole Prince sits out in the shed with the rest of the flock. Me, I'm not the cuddling type "Richard",:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What was so bad about it? Heck the 441 is just a crappy copy with a different paint scheme:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Tell me Timber what all is wrong with the 575. Spike spoke of them being cold natured but other than that I really haven't heard much about them. So what the deal on your 575, how come you don't care much for it??

Honestly it runs ok,but feels awkward.I hate the handlebar positioning,and I don't think it has the grunt that the 441 has and it's heavy.If I'm gonna run my 575,I'd just assume run my 395...But then,I never cared much for the 372 either.

Three cheers to the EPA!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Treeco everyone thought EPA would take its good ole time getting rid of these dirty saws as we call them, the good ones without all the enhancements to meet EPA standards. Thing is everyone forgot is its been going on for many years now. Time is about over for all the saws we like. That said though, I'm not a gambler or betting man, I'm fairly certain within the next 3-5 years there will be no more dirty saws period. The 372,5100,7900,361,460,660 and all the favorites among all camps will no longer be allowed sold in the USA thanks to EPA. So grab em up while ya can. Doomsday is right around the corner now unless something big happens and laws are changed soon.

I ain't postin' pics of my 575..If I take a picture of it and download it,then I'll have to see it every time I open up photobucket....It will just remind me of the 725 bucks I wasted on that POS...I gave it to a guy who works for me...Not to keep,but he needed a chainsaw so I let him use it,and I told him that I was in no hurry to have it back...I just got done modding my other 346....She flat HAULS!!!

Nope Nope Nope,

Now you have to post pics of that 575xp

Don't worrie about not liking that saw. (We have therapy here for you)

By the time we get done talking about that saw you will be cuddling up to your 575 in bed. Just like tom does with his saws.

Nope Nope Nope,

Now you have to post pics of that 575xp

Don't worrie about not liking that saw. (We have therapy here for you)

By the time we get done talking about that saw you will be cuddling up to your 575 in bed. Just like tom does with his saws.

OK RICHARD,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Sawtroll, did cut some firewood today. Just thought you might like the work crew ;) . They performed well.

The MS200 did all the cutting (yes... it were a few 12" pine trees located between two houses and had to bring it down in pieces, working on a ladder :stupid: )

attachment.php

I like that Partner, a historically significant model, as the first one with the "air injection"........:cheers: :cheers:

The 441 owe that one something, and so does all currant Huskys and Jreds, except the 3120.........:)

Last edited:
Woodie now ya done went and dumped in my Cheerios now ya big dummy!!!!!

(snipped)

So whats the big deal?????

You wanna know what the deal is?

Do you REALLY wanna know what the deal is?

I'm askin' you RIGHT NOW...DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS?

I'LL TELL YA WHAT THE DEAL IS!!

Nuttin'. Just getting in Tom's "crawl," that's all!

:) :)

You wanna know what the deal is?

Do you REALLY wanna know what the deal is?

I'm askin' you RIGHT NOW...DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS?

I'LL TELL YA WHAT THE DEAL IS!!

Nuttin'. Just getting in Tom's "crawl," that's all!

:) :)

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Yup...right thumb choke/ignition, left thumb decomp, right hand pull.

Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right thumb fiddle with choke/ignition.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
And the saw roars to life.

It is that easy on a Stihl.

Almost forgot: Suckaaaaar!

That saw sure enough flooded........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl:

That saw sure enough flooded........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Them city boys can't start a saw without flooding it, good call Sawtroll, put that heathen in his place!!!!!!!!!

nope nope nope....It ain't no 440...Nothing will ever replace the 440 in timber land no matter how many times I hear about it or see it.

attachment.php

Are we allowed to call a saw beautiful here :hmm3grin2orange: . That partner is sure NICE :bowdown: .
Is that the 7000?

Last edited:
Treeco everyone thought EPA would take its good ole time getting rid of these dirty saws as we call them, the good ones without all the enhancements to meet EPA standards. Thing is everyone forgot is its been going on for many years now. Time is about over for all the saws we like. That said though, I'm not a gambler or betting man, I'm fairly certain within the next 3-5 years there will be no more dirty saws period. The 372,5100,7900,361,460,660 and all the favorites among all camps will no longer be allowed sold in the USA thanks to EPA. So grab em up while ya can. Doomsday is right around the corner now unless something big happens and laws are changed soon.

Well said. Better stock up on P&C kits also. Might be kinda fun to watch, though, when the EPA Dirty Saw Enforcers try to take some of the 660s and 880s away from our Left Coast fallers.

Last edited:
I think it's gonna happen quicker than they say it will...Likely to prevent people like me from stocking up on their favorite saw before it goes non existant..I know it's a little off subject,but 08 will be the last year you can get a jap made two stroke race bike..Honda dropped them last year..So no doubt it's coming..I'm gonna snatch up a couple more 460's,660's and hopefully I'll get out of this slump I'm in because I would like to buy a couple of 880's too....I wonder if there will even be 880's and 3120's in the near future.

I think it's gonna happen quicker than they say it will...Likely to prevent people like me from stocking up on their favorite saw before it goes non existant..I know it's a little off subject,but 08 will be the last year you can get a jap made two stroke race bike..Honda dropped them last year..So no doubt it's coming..I'm gonna snatch up a couple more 460's,660's and hopefully I'll get out of this slump I'm in because I would like to buy a couple of 880's too....I wonder if there will even be 880's and 3120's in the near future.

The word floating around is 2010 is gonna be it for old time dirty 2 cycle power equipment. There is word is that the EPA will stop giving OPE makers credits for clean units so they can have a few dirty units. Without the credits any machine that doesn't pass EPA emmission requirements is outta here period. The days of the units we like best from all camps is about over. Those that want the best of the lot better get on the ball now. Soon its gonna be strat charged like the 441 and 575 and 4-stroke and thats it.

I was also told not long ago that if a man from the EPA carried a saw into a saw shop to have it modified for performance enhancement and the shop did it the fine would probly put that shop out of business. It is againsit the law right now alter any OPE that causes it to put out more emmisons knowingly for profit. Builders beware, make sure you know who your dealing with.

Back