Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Mow

Just Mow

Don't touch my Willie !!!
Thanks. I'm sure I'll try one some day and like it like I do all of my Stihl saws.

The other day I went to a job by myself and took an 026, 036, 038 and a 460.

It was a simple felling job with chipping and taking the wood. Two tanks of gas in the 036 was all it took but I hate to drive 15 miles to do a tree and not be prepared. I wasn't even a boy scout.:)

Dan if you try one, whether you like it or not, I will take back some of the bad things that I say about you.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
attachment.php

Boys that 441 is such a smooth cutting saw I had to get one of these to see just how smooth and fast it was, its is indeed smooth and fast,hehe

Last edited:

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok now that i've stopped drooling on my keyboard over that 090g, I have to say wow. I suspected that the stihl factory would be a precision operation, but there commitment to there history and employees is impressive. Also I was glad to see there real world testing facility. Though not as much fun looking as Tommy's test pile, it's still nice to know that there is more than just theories and advertising. Congrats Tommy on what I know was a he$$ of a trip to mecca for you. Happy for you, jealous for me.:cheers:

Just Mow

Just Mow

Don't touch my Willie !!!
Ok now that i've stopped drooling on my keyboard over that 090g, I have to say wow. I suspected that the stihl factory would be a precision operation, but there commitment to there history and employees is impressive. Also I was glad to see there real world testing facility. Though not as much fun looking as Tommy's test pile, it's still nice to know that there is more than just theories and advertising. Congrats Tommy on what I know was a he$$ of a trip to mecca for you. Happy for you, jealous for me.:cheers:

I think he should have taken you with him. Maybe next time.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ

Next time your going with me, thats that, deal??

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Tommy we gotta get a whole buncha saws and a good dedicated sidekick with a stopwatch and after a pepsi(for courage) or two at your place head on around the barn and see how the old legends fair against their modern brethren. Of course we should work this great experiment in as un-scientific and rediculous way as possible. That way the bench racing can go on forever. Maybe if i hold the stop watch upside down my pioneer 700d won't be as slow as I think.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Hey Tommy we gotta get a whole buncha saws and a good dedicated sidekick with a stopwatch and after a pepsi(for courage) or two at your place head on around the barn and see how the old legends fair against their modern brethren. Of course we should work this great experiment in as un-scientific and rediculous way as possible. That way the bench racing can go on forever. Maybe if i hold the stop watch upside down my pioneer 700d won't be as slow as I think.

Sounds like a plan. I could not believe you and Hobby could see the 441 was a tad faster in that video. I couldn't see it but after getting the stop watch and Hobby timing them I'm now convinced you and him were right.

Yup bring the ole timers and we'll have a blast like last time for sure!!!!!

Last edited:

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup i'll have to get out ALL the dinosaurs and wind-em up. Afterward we gotta get a group pic. It's not often that all the fallers university allumni get together in one place like that. Especially when some of them haven't aged all that well. You know how those ex-prom queens get after a few wrinkles. Also I should have a new (to me) fire breathing beast to bring by that time. It's a mcculloch 73 and this one is SUPPOSED to run. 120cc geardrive 4' bar, sounds like someone is callin my name.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Yup i'll have to get out ALL the dinosaurs and wind-em up. Afterward we gotta get a group pic. It's not often that all the fallers university allumni get together in one place like that. Especially when some of them haven't aged all that well. You know how those ex-prom queens get after a few wrinkles. Also I should have a new (to me) fire breathing beast to bring by that time. It's a mcculloch 73 and this one is SUPPOSED to run. 120cc geardrive 4' bar, sounds like someone is callin my name.

Cool, getem all together and bring em on. We'll get Hobby to run the stop watch and we will run the saws. We still got a few logs left to zip on not counting that big new one at the shop. Hell we may go in the Loudoun Times this time round.

Latest posts