Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here it is (my holiday cabin) :

Kreditstrasse 1
71336 Waiblingen
Germany

Dayuuum Thall, I told ya already a few times I am not a german ; I am a belgian and Belgium is my home country. And no, Belgium is not a part of Germany. I will have to dig a map up for ya. Belgium is the little pink country that says 'bel'.

attachment.php

Looks close enuff to me,LOLOL

Belgian if you ever come to the states you gotta go see how your "neighbors" do it. They are a quite amazing outfit. One of things I've noticed every single time I've been there is the workers. They are all motivated, all seem happy doing what they are doing and everyone seems to be right at home. Thats a sign of a good company...

Looks close enuff to me,LOLOL

Belgian if you ever come to the states you gotta go see how your "neighbors" do it. They are a quite amazing outfit. One of things I've noticed every single time I've been there is the workers. They are all motivated, all seem happy doing what they are doing and everyone seems to be right at home. Thats a sign of a good company...

That sounds good. I met a retired Stihl guy (full career) at the latest collector meeting in Germany a few months ago, and he spoke highly of the company, their products, and the family management. Not many people I know in my area talk about their employer like that. Schön wa !:cheers:

My wife has a sister that lives five minutes from the VA beach Stihl plant...We go see her several times a year,I'm gonna take a field trip one day.

Hey Mr.Obvious. Looks like you made to many left turns going home and now you are sporting two red lites.

That sounds good. I met a retired Stihl guy (full career) at the latest collector meeting in Germany a few months ago, and he spoke highly of the company, their products, and the family management. Not many people I know in my area talk about their employer like that. Schön wa !:cheers:

Well the man I know down there that showed me around sure speaks highly of the company. A time before when I was there with a group the guide told us something kinda neat. He said though automation is a great thing it also takes a job away from someone. He said no matter how great automation can be at Stihl they want no employee leaving because of it. He claimed anytime a machine takes the place of what a set of hands were doing they do not want that employee leaving. He said they go to great measures to find that employee another job within the factory and the last thing they want is a employee unhappy.

Heres a good one for you Belgian. Over in Germany Peter Stihl was walking through the factory overthere and saw a man putting pull cords on starter pulleys and tieing the knots. He looked at what the guy was doing and told one of the engineers they should make a machine to do that and then he went on about his business. A few months Peter Stihl got a note from the engineer telling him the rope tieing machine had been built and was in operation. Now thats called gettttttttttttttttttttttering done wouldn't you say...

Hey SIDE KICK

I see you at the bottom of the page. Shall I post all those times you took with my new stop watch Saturday?????

Hey Tom is that guy calling you names over taking more then 10 pics of those nice unused saws?:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks for ALL the pics and I haven't been to Va beach since 87 when I moved away from Hampton.:bowdown:

Hey Tom is that guy calling you names over taking more then 10 pics of those nice unused saws?:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks for ALL the pics and I haven't been to Va beach since 87 when I moved away from Hampton.:bowdown:

Hahaha, all in good clean fun.

Hey I see Mr. Obvious at the bottom of the page. Cool beans, Sap if that is you how ya been??

Heres a good one for you Belgian. Over in Germany Peter Stihl was walking through the factory overthere and saw a man putting pull cords on starter pulleys and tieing the knots. He looked at what the guy was doing and told one of the engineers they should make a machine to do that and then he went on about his business. A few months Peter Stihl got a note from the engineer telling him the rope tieing machine had been built and was in operation. Now thats called gettttttttttttttttttttttering done wouldn't you say...

Like I mentioned before, that's the advantage of a family owned business and a leader with good common sense. In any other business you need to start a project (using the right forms of course), calculate the savings, return on investment time, etc. file for a budget and if you're lucky and the management team is working well, you might get a decision in half a year. If you're unlucky and the budget was not planned for, your projects goes in the fridge for at least a year. Or the project doesn't fit in the strategic plan, or ... and or.... Very motivating some times for the people in the plant :monkey:

Now I am not pleading for impulsive investments without getting your numbers right, but some project do only require some ordinary common sense.

Ok OK, I stop now...:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back