Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Like you had a realy Busy day touring the Stihl Plant.
Good to see your that much into your job.

attachment.php

My buddy made this vac/pressure tester himself. This thing is neat. It works off compressed air. You hook it up to the machine, turn one valve for a pressure test, turn another valve for a vac test. Stihl should really look into making one that for all of us poor folks,LOL Seriuosly he showed me how simple it works and how easy vac and pressure tests can be..

Got something similar... not as nice though. When your hand gets tired of pumping and you still can't find the damn leak, it gets connected up to 3psi continous flow air..

Hey Lakeside, You ever been told.....

"Bar oil resevoir?"

"I thought you put gas in one tank and 2 stroke oil in the other"

:D

Yep... same as their boats.. same oil too...

Today got two "lent my saw to my buddy and now it won't start".. yep.. no compression, no start...

Got something similar... not as nice though. When your hand gets tired of pumping and you still can't find the damn leak, it gets connected up to 3psi continous flow air..

Yea, Harbor fright has the vacuum pumps cheap.
we tear the guts out of them and wrap cloth and tape around them for composite work.

Dang now I'm talking to two goast. eeeeeewwwwwwooooooo to you to.LOL

Last edited:
Looks Like you had a realy Busy day touring the Stihl Plant.
Good to see your that much into your job.

To be honest Manual I don't consider my job even a job. Its doing something I love doing and when you got a job that you love doing its more fun than it is a job. I've had jobs before I was messing with Stihl that I hated. When I go to work its more like getting up and going to have some fun and get paid on top. As you well know along with Ultra and Belgian from the phone calls I get from yaw I have fun at work. Going to the beach was more less a two part thing. I like seeing the ocean, picking up 25-30 women and going by Stihl the very next morning still breathing,LOLOLOL A part of that was a lie I wish wasn't,LOLOLOL

Yea, Harbor fright has the vacuum pumps cheap.
we tear the guts out of them and wrap cloth and tape around them for composite work.

Dang now I'm talking to two goast. eeeeeewwwwwwooooooo to you to.LOL

I forgot about being invisable. I was in the Werewolf game and we all had to go into invisable mode. They killed my azz fast in that game but they screwed up. I was a vampire in that game and they killed me while I was asleep at nite, right. When does a vampire sleep, in the daytime so I'm still floating around, can ya see me now, aww ewwwwwwwwwwwww,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep... same as their boats.. same oil too...

Today got two "lent my saw to my buddy and now it won't start".. yep.. no compression, no start...

I picked up a rider today, guy said the blades just stopped..."BUT HE DIDNT HIT ANYTHING"

So I load it up o nthe trailor, get it back here, get it on the chainfalls so I can assess the damage...

So when I finish digging the softball out from between the blade and the deck....:monkey:

What it was, was I just put on a new belt for him, he cuts half his yard, and the "belt falls off, all burnt up" and "the blades stopped suddeny" So instantly it was my fault, I MUST have put the belt on improperly.

I called him and asked him if he wanted the softball back.."what softball?" The one I dug out from under your deck "****" :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I love how after I fix something, anything that goes wrong on the equipment for the next decade is automatically my fault.

I had one of my first customers call me today telling me "That Snapper you serviced blew up" Didnt have any oil in it, and it scattered the rod. I told him to HOLD PLEASE. While I looked up his last reciept..which was dated late 2005. I explained that It had been 2 years since Id worked on it..and While I was sorry it blew up, it wasnt my fault. He tells me it is my ******* fault, I didnt tell him it was burning oil...

I told him if he wanted to pursue it further, I would be more than happy to give him my attorneys information, and that I had the signed and dated carbon copy of the reciept.

Seems like when you start mentioning attorneys..the people looking for a free ride jump off.:chainsawguy:

To be honest Manual I don't consider my job even a job. Its doing something I love doing and when you got a job that you love doing its more fun than it is a job. I've had jobs before I was messing with Stihl that I hated. When I go to work its more like getting up and going to have some fun and get paid on top. As you well know along with Ultra and Belgian from the phone calls I get from yaw I have fun at work. Going to the beach was more less a two part thing. I like seeing the ocean, picking up 25-30 women and going by Stihl the very next morning still breathing,LOLOLOL A part of that was a lie I wish wasn't,LOLOLOL

Any more word on Stihl cutting down on some of the low volume shops they have?
Are they want to close them down or just not supply them with Booklets and such. Can't say I blame them. I understand what you were saying.

Any more word on Stihl cutting down on some of the low volume shops they have?
Are they want to close them down or just not supply them with Booklets and such. Can't say I blame them. I understand what you were saying.

Last letter we got was you had to do enuff busines to make it worthwhile. Issue being the cost of business. Alot goes into support and advertising. Oddly most shops overall easily meet the deal but some just never make it I guess. Its safe to say the ones that don't make the grade have to be in one helluva low sale area..

Last letter we got was you had to do enuff busines to make it worthwhile. Issue being the cost of business. Alot goes into support and advertising. Oddly most shops overall easily meet the deal but some just never make it I guess. Its safe to say the ones that don't make the grade have to be in one helluva low sale area..

strange you say that because there is a shop just out side where I work and all summer they have only had two saws on display, the racks are empty.
Oh they also have three splitting mauls. Broke mine. grrrrrrrrrr
so I am going there to see how much one of them stihl mauls cost.

strange you say that because there is a shop just out side where I work and all summer they have only had two saws on display, the racks are empty.
Oh they also have three splitting mauls. Broke mine. grrrrrrrrrr
so I am going there to see how much one of them stihl mauls cost.

Round 60 bucks. Also remember that letter came from our distributor. The shop your talking about may have a distributor that isn't requiring anything. The distributors you deal with call the shots since they are your supplier.
I can't say the letter we got applies all over the country but it does for the ones on my area..

attachment.php

Here we see the entire Stihl quality-control staff
busy at their weekly staff meeting...

Round 60 bucks. Also remember that letter came from our distributor. The shop your talking about may have a distributor that isn't requiring anything. The distributors you deal with call the shots since they are your supplier.
I can't say the letter we got applies all over the country but it does for the ones on my area..

Our area is hurting big time. small factorys closing all over because of the big three car manufactors.
logging got harder. now the biggest buyer only wants chipped wood.
that has just started so all the small loggers cant afford a flailer and a chipper.
getting hard to make a buck. one thing for sure, my firewood sales went up so its time to get off my arse and get cutting more wood.

attachment.php

LOL Tom just told them what he was looking at out of his window and the meeting moved to his room.

hey woodie do you think tom got us one of those shirts off of that table.

attachment.php

LOL, hey Woodie, there's a long screwdriver under those clothes,LOLOL

Hey Manual...check out what's playing on the screen...it's the video Stihl uses to train their design engineers..."What We've Learned About Saws in the Last 30 Years." :D

All right boys...I gotta be at work in, ohhhh...six freakin' hours...night all!

Hey Manual...check out what's playing on the screen...it's the video Stihl uses to train their design engineers..."What We've Learned About Saws in the Last 30 Years." :D

All right boys...I gotta be at work in, ohhhh...six freakin' hours...night all!

Get some sleep Woodie, your delierious,LOLOL

Great pics Thall.

Thanks for sharing.

+10 !!!. Thanks for shooting pics of all the ole goodies, Tom. I have a BDN and KS43 already but not in that kind of shape. Now with all your relations and all, you haven't been able to sneak one saw out for your ole buddy Belgian, did you ?????:popcorn: :popcorn:

Whaaaat, too busy watchin the beach girls, I should have known, you heathen, you ....:buttkick::hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Belgian I'm not sure Andreas Stihl ever lived to see this but its a entire wall dedicated to him at the factory. Quite obvious Stihl the company has never forgotton who started it all...

Family owned company's are a rare breed in business nowadays, but are fun to work for. I like them as they prefer to focus on the long term.

Nothing wrong to put some old pics up. It's a good reminder for all the employees to know where the great ideas came from and what it took old Andreas to become what Stihl is today. Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back