Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised he can fit in it, as tall as he is.

Your not kidding, that is one tall man. At a meeting we had a while back I walked up to him to give him some non-sense. I looked up at him and said can you lean down. He goes can't you stand on your tip toes,LOLOL That guy is a hoot indeed.

They don't have to deal with real world saws..... today I wrestled 2 x 200T, an 056, an 041, 2 x 044 and and 036-pro into submission... and the phone, and usual mass of dumb and dumber customers...

about 10 lbs of filth came off them (the saws), most of it on me.

Oh yes... and one dragged in an 088 with a 6 foot bar that "came off" while they were cutting...

Filth, oil, grease, gray hairs.. my life.. all while you were sucking up to the big boys...;)

This reminds me of a story when I was young about a girl who ended up loosing her slipper. Its hard seeing Tom go to the ball huh?

Tom I used to live on the other side of the mall by that plant. Did you get a chance to go to rallys? I swear they had the best and greasiest burgers I have ever had.

Thanks for the pics.

But I would like some more evidence that you stayed on the beach.:angry2:

Buck

They don't have to deal with real world saws..... today I wrestled 2 x 200T, an 056, an 041, 2 x 044 and and 036-pro into submission... and the phone, and usual mass of dumb and dumber customers...

about 10 lbs of filth came off them (the saws), most of it on me.

Oh yes... and one dragged in an 088 with a 6 foot bar that "came off" while they were cutting...

Filth, oil, grease, gray hairs.. my life.. all while you were sucking up to the big boys...;)

Dont you love it when you pry off the clutch cover and a solid formed chunk of crap comes falling out...makes ya wanna call the customer and tell em off.

Or when you get a saw in with dark chain and the bar is blue and purple at the edges...take the oil cap off and its bone freakin dry...:dizzy:

I wont ever forget when I got in a relaitivly new poulan Wild Thing...Wouldnt idle, no power in the cut. I took the cover off to find NO AIR FILTER...I asked him what happened to it, he said "It got dirty, and its better to run no air filter than a clogged one...

I was like..
16hkuh2.gif

This I saved for Belgian

attachment.php

Belgian I'm not sure Andreas Stihl ever lived to see this but its a entire wall dedicated to him at the factory. Quite obvious Stihl the company has never forgotton who started it all...

Last edited:
Just so yaw know, they do alot of saw testing not only on dyno's and in emissions labs but in wood just like we do.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey Lakeside, You ever been told.....

"Bar oil resevoir?"

"I thought you put gas in one tank and 2 stroke oil in the other"

:D

attachment.php

Here is one of the larger test saws they had laying around.

Last edited:
Lake you would love this

attachment.php

My buddy made this vac/pressure tester himself. This thing is neat. It works off compressed air. You hook it up to the machine, turn one valve for a pressure test, turn another valve for a vac test. Stihl should really look into making one that for all of us poor folks,LOL Seriuosly he showed me how simple it works and how easy vac and pressure tests can be..

Last edited:
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

This reminds me of a story when I was young about a girl who ended up loosing her slipper. Its hard seeing Tom go to the ball huh?

Tom I used to live on the other side of the mall by that plant. Did you get a chance to go to rallys? I swear they had the best and greasiest burgers I have ever had.

Thanks for the pics.

But I would like some more evidence that you stayed on the beach.:angry2:

Buck

Ok, let me find a decent one,LOLOL
attachment.php

Last edited:
Great pics Thall.

Thanks for sharing.

No problem Tree, the pics are one of the reasons I went down there. I wanted give everyone a idea just how Stihl is and where they are located. Of note if a man were allowed to take pics of the manufacturing in process you would be totally amazed. That reminds me. My buddy told me that factory has won every award a factory can win. Its got to be seen to be believed. What I showed is a small sample of what I could take pics of. That factory covers 77acres and the place is spotless from one end to the other. They are also Va Beach's biggest employer. They are one of few companies in the world today that instead of taking jobs from the USA they are bringing jobs to the USA, a unheard of thing nowdays. Ford recently shut down their Norfolk plant altogether which isn't far from the Stihl plant.

This dirty old man was checking this one out,LOL

attachment.php

What dirty old man, ME, her boyfriend never had a clue, in fact she didn't either,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
And you were checking him out...wtf?:D

I thought it was a funny pic. If fire had come out of his eyes that gal would be on fire, his eyes were glued on her. I was waiting for him to have that baby he was carring and get a shot of that,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Back