• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold All sold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Three more saws need to go.

Stihl ms271. Very clean low use saw. It was straight gassed almost immediately. The cylinder cleaned up perfectly and it has a new oem piston kit and seals. Runs very nice. Carb limiters have been ground out and made fully adjustable. $275.

Jred 2165. I got this on a bum trade deal. I had a good original top cover and clutch cover. I had to order a recoil. It is from a 2166, but it's the same thing with a different sticker. I did trim out the 2166 on it just so their wasn't any confusion. All oem saw. $400.

Husky 575. This saw has been around the block a few times. Some of it is really clean some really dirty. Selling this one for my dad. He got it non running. I tore into it and found the c clip had come out and locked the piston to the cylinder. I sourced a very very nice oem p&c installed new oem rings and c clips. Deleted the base gasket (.21 squish now) plugged the decomp and removed the limiters. Vac and pressure tested checked endplay and runout. Saw sounds and runs great. The two flaws are the top cover was wallowed out by the decomp. I put some heat tape on the underside and filled the hole with rtv. I didn't want to do anything that couldn't be easily reversed. And #2 the clutch cover was blown out bad. I filled it with some jb weld just so I could test run it a bit. I would really recommend replacing it. But it should make someone a good relatively cheap big saw. $400.

All prices are pho and actual shipping.

Steven

IMG_20170329_130422355.jpg IMG_20170329_130510493.jpg IMG_20170325_094003899.jpg IMG_20170325_094019108.jpg

I will try to get better and more detailed pictures over this weekend. And get some compression readings on them all.

Steven

Latest posts

Back