Almost finished with 8+ cords

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wackydeejay

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got about a cord of red elm left to split and stack. Then I'm pretty much finished with this winter/spring's cutting. That is until I run across that one tree that would be a great addition to the stacks! :D

I've got white oak, black locust, cherry, white ash, green ash, red elm, black walnut and a piece or two of ironwood mixed in.

View attachment 176892
View attachment 176894
View attachment 176896

I bet that took some time, looks good!

Thanks. I've been working a few hours every 3 days or so for the last 8 weeks. It's more enjoyable for me to work 3 or 4 hours on firewood then move on to something else for a while. I only spent maybe two entire days working on it. The rest was a few hours here and there.

Thanks, cuttintime! I've still got to finish the red elm. I don't know when I'll get time to get all of it split, but I've got a lot going on right now!

View attachment 176935

176935d1300786239-wood6-jpg

Here you go DeeJay. I just figured out how to get this stuff to show without a link...:bang:

Well we finally got it all split and stacked. Comes out to nearly 9 cords. I didn't think I had enough room to comfortably store all that wood, but it's not too bad. Now I suppose I'll enjoy my spring and summer...get some lawns mowed...continue enjoying the outdoors and maybe cut a piece here and there when the opportunity arises. I think it's more fun to cut wood because you WANT to than because you HAVE to! :D

Latest posts

Back