• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ***Almost New STIHL MS660***

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
UPDATE NOW COMES W/BAR & CHAIN!!!!!!!!

I have a near mint STIHL MS660 for sale. I am the second owner of the saw. When I got the saw it looked like the chain got thrown pretty bad and caused some slight chain rash on the bar/chain/clutch cover and on the inside of the bar/chain clutch cover. I was pretty weird about it so on the affect spots I touched it up with some automotive touch up paint. The chain being thrown also cut up the rubber on the wrap handle so I cut that off and replaced it with some heater hose that I got from Lowes and it looks/feels as good as stock. I have gutted the muffler, opened up the original port and added a second port on the opposite side of the oem exhaust hole. Again, this mod looks like it could be stock even thought it is done with an aftermarket baffle/spark arrestor. And lastly the limiter caps have been removed from the carb. Carb was always properly tuned and this saw and always got stihl ultra oil. If I had to guess the saw probably has not seen 10 tanks of fuel. Selling saw with 36" es bar with either a rsc or full skip chain. $850 plus shipping

660_5.JPG
660_2.JPG
660_4.JPG
660_1.JPG
660_3.JPG
660_6.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice saw... Very nice price. Should sell fast.

Any trades? Or stuck on cash? It's the holiday season, so cash is King now. :)

Very nice saw... Very nice price. Should sell fast.

Any trades? Or stuck on cash? It's the holiday season, so cash is King now. :)

Need the cash man.

Nice looking saw Rory. Is it 661 time?

You are correct! Although I saw there might be a recall on the 661. Got me slightly worried. But the 661 should be a good first mtronic saw.

Wow really is like new :D If i could use a saw that big i would be all over it! Wood that i cut is never more than 16" so would be overkill!!! GLWS! great price.

what size bar and chain do you have available that you can include? I want to use with a chainsaw mill.

Might as well keep it Rory. Stihl rep told me today we wont have the 661 til late summer. He had the new 2014 price book and the 661 was not even listed. Sorry Rory. :(

I won't give it away but I'll sure trade it for something else. Heck for the price you guys pay over there we should load up a crate of them to sell over there.

Rory good luck with the sale. At least we've kept it bumped up good.

Latest posts

Back