ALTEC boom on asplund truck pole saw fitting how to bypass flow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Stumps

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I broke off the handle and part of the top part that screws into hydraulic block that goes to all the controls. I don't use this handle but the problem is that the flow to the rest is barely moving and bucket is really slow. Is there a way i can just bypass this handle and have the flow to the other 3 handles. This is the end lever that you can add a pole saw if that helps. Before handle was broke if you bumped it you just moved it back to neutral and it was quick again so you would think when the handle is off it would be in neutral but i have used pliers and any movement doesn't speed up the machine. Please help it is costing gas and time. I really don't have time to take to shop so need to know if there is a quick safe fix. Many thanks Barry

First off, how the hell did you brake that off?

What i would do is remove the rest of the threads from the broken off part, via a easy out. If that dont work, drill, and retap the threads. You maybe able to remove one of the other handles and screw it in to get the valve back to neutral. If not, use a bolt. If you use a bolt, you could just leave it in, in case you need to.

pulling a small limb hanger out and the but end hit the control and just broke right off. There wasn't a thread broke off its where the handle pulls up on the plunger pin that cast broke off there so i dont use that lever so thinking of somehow plugging that off.

I don't know if you could plug it off. You might have to make up short hoses so that it runs in a loop where the tool couplers are.

i am going by there saturday to take pics and that might clear things up some. I thought about the loop but need to study layout again.

Latest posts

Back