Alternate Source For Duckbill Valve?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer version cap is no good?
It's good but too expensive. I work as a volunteer for a local non-profit trail club with limited resources. Just about every trimmer has a leaky cap by the time I get it to rebuild. Why spend $20 on a new cap when a duckbill is $1.25 (Walbro price if it is the correct one)?

I think it is even available aftermarket.
I am not a fan of aftermarket parts especially ones with rubber parts in contact with fuel of fuel vapors.

Stihl price list:

4128 350 0505 FUEL FILLER CAP 9.99

You must be privileged to live in the Stihl low cost region! Stihl mid-Atlantic is extremely proud of their parts! That is where the $20 price comes from. It is even worse from the local Ace/Town & Country Hardware stores. They are 50% OVER Stihl DSRP on parts and accessory items.

Well, here is what I have been able to dig up from the most likely Walbro candidates:

Walbro 176-64-1 - AKA Stihl 4133-121-5200:
Size: 10mm O.D. 3mm install hole
Material: Orange Fluorosilicone
Cost $1.40 Walbro MSRP
Primary Applications: Carburetor purge valve (under the bulb)

Walbro 176-126-1 :
Material: Black Fluoropolymer AKA Viton
Cost $1.24 Walbro MSRP
Primary Applications: Fuel system vents in caps & tanks.

Stihl - 4114-353-1600:
Applications: Some saw tanks vents (026) and Early FSxx AV brushcutters tank cap vent.

Well, here is what I have been able to dig up from the most likely Walbro candidates:

Walbro 176-64-1 - AKA Stihl 4133-121-5200:
Material: Orange Fluorosilicone
Cost $1.40 Walbro MSRP
Primary Applications: Carburetor purge valve (under the bulb)

Walbro 176-126-1 :
Material: Black Fluoropolymer AKA Viton
Cost $1.24 Walbro MSRP
Primary Applications: Fuel system vents in caps & tanks.

Stihl - 4114-353-1600:
Applications: Some saw tanks vents (026) and Early FSxx AV brushcutters tank cap vent.
So if you order one of these, and it is not "correct". Will you send it back, contest the transaction, and screw the seller?

Latest posts

Back