Always the bride's maid....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I cut firewood with two other guys from work.We do pretty well cranking ouit about 50 cord a year. The biggest saw between the 3 of us is a 262XP which has been a problem because we get a lot of big >36" trunks. Well, that got fixed today.

One of the guys, Mike, has been talking about a bigger saw for a while so I brought him to a guy near me that deals in Dolmar and Jonsered. After two hours of talking, fondling saws, and field testing on the wood pile....he got himself a Dolmar 7900 with a 20" & 28" bar.

I"ll admit I'm a little jealous...this is the second saw sale I've directed to this dealer...and this is the very saw I've been wanting..I just haven't had the funds.Hopefully this will work to my benefit when I finally buy my Dolmar.

On Monday we'll give the saw a workout on some 44" Oak trunks we have sitting in the yard. I'll post some pics of the action:)

Your ship will come in - be patient. Somewhere out there is a saw that God intended for you. Save yourself for it and wait. When you two finally get together you will *KNOW* it is the right one.

I have the same set-up. 20 and 28" bar. My in-laws bought me the HD filter kit for it also for xmas. It's back-ordered though. Hopefully it comes soon. This saw is so much fun and so fast. I use it for bucking up the big trunks. And the tree is bucked up faster than it takes me to fill it with gas-oil, and starting it! I get done cutting it and I look around for more!

Your ship will come in - be patient. Somewhere out there is a saw that God intended for you. Save yourself for it and wait. When you two finally get together you will *KNOW* it is the right one.

Every night, before I fall asleep, I pray that I find my "perfect saw." I know it's out there and sometimes it's hard to be patient. Sure I've been with other saws but those were mere youthful flings that meant nothing. I know that they'll pale in comparison to a deep, meaningful, and mature "man-saw" relationship. You know the rich fulfilling relationship where you gladly spare no expense....the finest Stihl Ultra 2-stroke oil....premium ethanol-free gasoline....and the highest quality bar oil...anything to keep my lil' saw purring.

Oh boy...really need a vacation!

we took down a big red oak a few weeks ago.

by buddy bought a 36" bar and chain for his 7900.i was leary but now i can say i am impressed.he wasn't running skip chain either.

my 395xp isn't broken in yet but tha7900 was right with it.i still don't like the saw but i have to admit,it's a runner.

Every night, before I fall asleep, I pray that I find my "perfect saw." I know it's out there and sometimes it's hard to be patient. Sure I've been with other saws but those were mere youthful flings that meant nothing. I know that they'll pale in comparison to a deep, meaningful, and mature "man-saw" relationship. You know the rich fulfilling relationship where you gladly spare no expense....the finest Stihl Ultra 2-stroke oil....premium ethanol-free gasoline....and the highest quality bar oil...anything to keep my lil' saw purring.

Oh boy...really need a vacation!

You also need to raise your standards. Stihl? Why not hold out for a truly sweet match like a Husky 372? You can have one that is both beautiful and good for a romp in the woods, and fast and easy (thanks to 3/8" chain and Swedish engineering).

Latest posts

Back