Am I in hot Water?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RavenFeather

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Okay, I searched and searched but I couldn't find a single thread that had any decent opinions. If I overlooked it, sorry.

How do you dry a rope? I know that heat is a bad idea (not green enough to throw a rope in the dryer), but I don't have any ideas of how to dry a rope other than hanging it up (which I assume is pretty much the only way, which leads on to my 2nd question)

I have a VERY small room. To put it in perspective my twin bed takes up 3/4 of my floor space, the other of which is used to open and close my door (albeit some floor space for a cabinet which stores literally everything else, including my climbing gear) So in the interest of space what would -you- yes you, recommend? I was thinking about putting a pipe (nothing really specific here) across the room, and wrapping the rope around that. The cabinet goes all the way to the ceiling, and I could use it as an anchor point, but I would want it to be able to be disassembled so that I can put the pole upright (har har har) to conserve space.

Also if anyone has a huge fetish for making things fit in small spaces I could give you the specific dimensions of the room.

I have to assume you are renting a room so this may be way too pricey. Buy a portable de-humidifier for your room and just loosely pile the rope on the floor or in a clothes basket. Let the machine run all day and your room and the rope will be dry. Run it once a week for a few hours and your room will stay nicer smelling and dry.

I wash my ropes in the bath tub and then just lap coil it over the curtain rod or shower door. Sun drying is no bueno.

Not certain how you're washing the ropes, but I double mine over, then do a very loose daisy chain. When I get to the end, I tie a bowline around the loop I end with (if that makes sense?) It forms a closed system and keeps it from being a tangled mess...it also serves as a much shorter length to hang or lay out to dry.

Back