am i in the wrong here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heading out to the garage to open each quart of the two cases of oil I got in the fall. I probably won't need to use it all in the next two years. If there happens to be water in them jugs instead of oil I am hosed.

Opening each jug is probably taking it a bit to the extreme, but opening the corrugated box cases and checking the contents is a good idea. Working over 20 years in automotive parts and service I personally opened a case of oil on two separate occasions to find something different on the inside than what was printed on the outside... once it was a different weight, and the other time the quart jugs had a different brand label on them!!!

Still feel bad for the OP though. I would never think I would need to open a packaged product that I had bought in bulk to stock up on, only to find out later it was the wrong thing and I was stuck. Let the buyer beware.

Someone said that the product is packaged to protect the product from corrosion and damage. Its a shame that the end user would have to open a container/package that he isnt going to use right away and subject it to said damage and corrosion just to make sure that some dumbarse put the correct item in the box. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Best of luck to the Op in getting this resolved.

Back