Am i missing something?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay/paypal fees are charged on the total transaction including shipping costs.

nice, ill probably be placing an order in the near future. still confused about the person who would pay $15 to ship a single $7 or 8 bearing from NJ....just seems like a great way to not sell the thing you have posted for sale....

packaing tape, boxes, bubble wrap, packing envelopes, ect... are not given away and do cost money, along with ebay/PP fees, ect... sometimes a seller will work with shipping costs if you ask, sometimes not. Its the price of doing business on the 'bay...

ive never used ntn bearings, whats the concensus? i did a little searching on here but could find much for or against.

I've used them a lot in Japanese bikes. They are generally very good stuff and on par with SKF if not superior. Nachi bearings are probably the best but they are considerably more expensive than the competition.

packaing tape, boxes, bubble wrap, packing envelopes, ect... are not given away and do cost money, along with ebay/PP fees, ect... sometimes a seller will work with shipping costs if you ask, sometimes not. Its the price of doing business on the 'bay...
a flat rate envelope costs a couple dollars....

a flat rate envelope costs a couple dollars....
Agree and yes some shipping costs are stupidly over inflated, just adding in the added costs. Padded priority flat rate envelopes are free from the post office and about $6 to ship it. Yes, people "pad" shipping charges too much in some cases which is enough to drive my business away or ask for a realistic shipping quote

Agree and yes some shipping costs are stupidly over inflated, just adding in the added costs. Padded priority flat rate envelopes are free from the post office and about $6 to ship it. Yes, people "pad" shipping charges too much in some cases which is enough to drive my business away or ask for a realistic shipping quote
well said. as i said, i just stick mostly with listings that offer free shipping. If its a price that seems fair to me ill bite. if not ill pass. regardless, i dont wanna pay $22 for a single bearing. otherwise ill just go to my local napa store

You mean aside from the fact that they won't get enough, if any, lubrication? They'll also be packed with grease, which lowers the speed rating as compared to oil lube. You can use them, but you need to pull the seal on the inner side and wash the grease out/relube.

ebay has a function to sort the listings, Price+Shipping:Lowest First. thats how i search for all my parts because free shipping isnt free...ebay gives better rankings to the sellers listing everything free shipping plus it is one less place for a customer to complain about your service but with free shipping comes the part where a seller prices the item based on the highest possible shipping price

Back