American Classics - Lickety Log Splitter and Cub Cadet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I brought my log splitter home to process the eucalyptus I brought home last week. Usually I only split with a maul but this stuff was in the sun too long and it is like stone. I snapped a picture of the garden tractor and splitter.

100_1102_zps4bd03315.jpg

That's a Cub Cadet 1000 (August 1977) pulling a Lickety Log Splitter (unknown year) I practically grew up on this 1000 and I got the splitter for free with a blown engine. I reworked them both and they run great. I plit about 1/2 cord this afternoon with the splitter. The tractor will see some use hauling wood once I get a cart and the woodshed built.

Both of these machines have Kohler K-series engines. They are bulletproof - cast iron blocks, no plastic. The Cub has a steel ladder frame and is built like a tank. I love old equipment that is built right.

It's good to see a Cub Cadet made it out to California. And the spitter even matches the tractor.

(I have a IH CC 129....nice machines they are.)

I had this one shipped out from Illinois. I also found a 1450 that I restored that came with a #2 tiller.

There aren't many Cub Cadets out here. I want a #4 trailer for hauling firewood but I think I'll have to settle for what they have at Tractor Supply.

Latest posts

Back