American Horizontal/Vertical Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
take a look at mine we have Ben in the biz 35 years now its my 4th splitter the first yardman licked wood pro and iron&oak i like this the best tom trees

HH = better towing, more ground clearance, and for me, a much more convenient work height. Don't even wonder about the catch pans: get 'em!

All American splitters have USA made 250 lb per square inch structural steel and triple welded wedges.

What the heck is 250 psi steel? Sounds more like butter to me. 40,000psi tensil seems like it would be a good place to start. Joe Blows 6013 welding sticks are 60,000 psi steel. Tensil, shear, or compressive strength, any way you slice it 250 psi is more that weak.

they have beenmaking splitters for more than 30 years.

All American splitters have USA made 250 lb per square inch structural steel and triple welded wedges.

What the heck is 250 psi steel? Sounds more like butter to me. 40,000psi tensil seems like it would be a good place to start. Joe Blows 6013 welding sticks are 60,000 psi steel. Tensil, shear, or compressive strength, any way you slice it 250 psi is more that weak.

there are guys here still using 30 year old American splitters. i think they know what they are doing.

I Like Big Foot

there are guys here still using 30 year old American splitters. i think they know what they are doing.
Frankly, I like the big foot on the bottom. When you move up a 24" dia, oak or ash log waiting to be split, you need all the foot you can get. And, even two men can't do it on a horizontal splitter. How do you lift that 400 lb beast up to the beam?

Here are some pictures of my American. This is very green cotton wood that weighed a lot. 200lbs??
attachment.php

attachment.php

i rip them into halves or quarters with the 372.

Frankly, I like the big foot on the bottom. When you move up a 24" dia, oak or ash log waiting to be split, you need all the foot you can get. And, even two men can't do it on a horizontal splitter. How do you lift that 400 lb beast up to the beam?

or i use the grapple on the tractor.

Latest posts

Back