American pickers today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I refuse to watch those apes..always trying to near steal things off people..went to auction one day, and seen I guy that was on that show,,he said they only got one thing off him. at his price!!!! buncha damn thieves....

Some people don’t understand the old ways of haggling. I was taught by two old yankee horse traders as I call them. There not like the pickers. The deals just come to them.

True story. We’re at a flea market. I see one of those maccullochs with the 9” bar. Perfect for my quad on the trails with blow downs. It’s marked $40. Not sure if it runs or not. It turns over with compression. I haggle the guy down to $35 and he won’t budge. I pizzd him off. He didn’t see my son. I send the kid over with $25. The guy is so upset he sells it to my son.

I needed a new car for work, bare bones, years ago when the kids were small. I told the wife to put the kids in there worst play clothes (ripped). I was a mechanic at two dealerships. I know they rip off people. Now they had a car for $3,700 on sale(1979).
I go in there and there sold out. It’s $4,200 now. After bickering I got the car for $3,200. Mind you I wanted to pay $3,700 in the beginnning. It’s who plays the game the best.

In 1997 I had a flyer from Maine the new Subaru was $16,000. I walk into a dealer in ct and asked him if he would match any dealers price he said he would. It was the end of the month when the interest was due on the new cars on the lot. Business was slow. His car was $23,000. Same car in Maine. I got it for $16,000 with a rebate of $750 for the auto tranny.

When I worked for dealers after hours a guy came in to kick back the speedos on the demo cars some had 12k miles on them and more. I seen used engine parts go in while they paid for new parts. I don’t like dealers.

It’s a game play to win. You can make offers on eBay even if it doesn’t say it.

Mike wolf and frank fritz are millionaires. But there never home enjoying life like we do.

Back