New Husqvarna chainsaws for big boys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again like the old antique heavy saws of yesterday the more modern saws took there place. It’s the end of an era again. New light weight stronger technology is evolving. Just when we think it can’t get any better Husqvarna takes another step up with lighter weight powerful saws that can handle bigger light weight bars.

I’m surprised with CNC machines today we don’t see a bar with small holes drilled across them. Lighten them up as much as possible.

Weight savings are one thing stiffness of a light bar are another. Take an Oregon light weight 36 great light weight bar but they flopped around like a wet noodle when cutting or packing around in the brush. As far as the 592 goes it’s more of a 66 replacement then a 395 replacement especially in the PNW if you put a 42 or 50 on it how will this saw do? Will it have the grunt how about the springs how will they fair? A 395 hopped up will pull a 60 when needed I don’t see this saw as a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see the 592 replacing the bigger cc saws they have there nitch. I’m still old school with the 2100’s.

I gather a 42” bar is a tooth pick in the northwest when your running 60”?
I wonder how fast the chainsaw gurus will port the 592?

I don’t see the 592 replacing the bigger cc saws they have there nitch. I’m still old school with the 2100’s.

I gather a 42” bar is a tooth pick in the northwest when your running 60”?
I wonder how fast the chainsaw gurus will port the 592?

Sometimes it’s more of needing the reach because there’s no where to stand to work off the far side so a 60 or longer is needed to fully reach through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the promotion video and really like the looks of the 592. They are definitely billing the 585 as old school muscle and toughness (in the video) .
I definitely would have liked to see the 592 with FI and a programmable advance timing but hey what do I know?
I will say that none of the Husqvarna representatives looked like they ever used a chainsaw to cut down a tree?,and frankly I think they would have had a better testimony from Bob and Walt .

I'd really like to see these saws after they get some time on them. The 592 intrigues me more then the 585, specifically if it responds to porting as well as the 390xp or 395xp. But then again I own both 390/5 and don't really have a need to replace either of them......

Latest posts

Back